Chalice Share

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I got a Chalice frag as a "freebie" 6 months ago. Honestly I would never have bought this coral & I still don't know much about them. Here's mine with 6 months of growth:
8de0c31b0c566581b32e40b894a10ba0_zpsc1f2a7f6.jpg
[/IMG]

I started this thread to maybe get some more info on them & know what to expect.
Is the growth about right for 6 months? It has covered the frag plug. I'm guessing that's about all I can expect since I've never target fed it. How big do the get?
Anyone have a picture of their Chalice to share? Please do if you have one.

saltfan

Nice been dying to get one, will be my next piece,. Id say good growth, most like moderate light and med. to low flow.

Kongor

looks like a Miami hurricane chalice, good growth congrats.

I have one but it keeps being knocked around by my CUC so it gets angry, but they are faster growers for chalices. I heard they can get quite big but it takes forever.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I guess I'm into more "flowy" LPS kind of corals....this chalice kinda looks like a wad of already chewed bubble gum to me. I am glad the frag plug isn't showing now. ;) it's on the darkest purple coralline covered LR in my tank so it doesn't stand out very noticeably.
Hope someone has a really good looking one to post a picture of.

Mike Johnson

Here's the only one I have. I won it in a contest. Those pictures on the internet sure look bigger than the little 1/2 inch square I got. It's about four months old. It's about 2"x2 1/2" now. Must really like my tank. I really like it, but wouldn't pay for it if I had to.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
WOW, those have some AWESOME COLORS!! Thanks for sharing those photos.
I'd like to see a FTS of the tank those are in :thumber: