Cat's 90 Gallon Toy

caitrina

A few months ago I announced that my nephew had given me his 90 gallon tank , stand, lights, and all the trimmings. Although I am going to say it was free we all know how "FREE" goes. Let's just say I didn't have to buy sump, lights, skimmer, or anything else. He even gave me things that he some how accumulated and never used. Well anyway the tank is now here sitting in my driveway. The tank will make its way into the shed until I figure out just how long I am going to live here, after that is decided the tank will either be moved again into my new house or will be moved into this one. I really am hoping that I will have bought/built or even found and decided by early 08. Anyway I have a new toy and am excited to see what I am going to do with this tank..:lol: kind of sounds like the 24 gallon mystery pod, huh? At this time I don't know any specifications about the tank as I haven't had a chance to really look it all over just yet, that will happen tomorrow for sure because there is a lot of cleaning that needs to be done to it. Until then here are photos of the "toy's" arrival. The stand is quite heavy, it is a stone type texture. I have no idea what it is, but you certainly don't want to brush against it because it will scrape your skin up.

arrival.jpg

hmmmhowdowedothis.jpg

tankonstandindrive.jpg

thetankontrailer.jpg

tankandsump.jpg

sumpandgoodies.jpg

dirtytankandgoodies.jpg

lcstorc

Very nice!
You know who to call to help you shop. :)
Speaking of, isn't it about time to stock that pod? By the time we finish that you can set up the 90. :) Then you will be an official 3 tank addict. :)

vdituri

Yeah! The Cats got a new play toy!
Sounds like a fun Sunday!
It's like pre-Christmas.

Attachments

• cat_tab_toys_news.jpg
    cat_tab_toys_news.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 318

caitrina

Very Nice,,, What a nice nephew,, How come he took the tank down?

He took the tank down because he just didn't have the time to care for it. His job (lieutenant in the police force), a child (2 yrs. old now) another baby on the way, his wife is a paramedic, going to school, and also working in the hospital so that leaves hectic schedules for them both with very strange hours so they have to juggle the responsibilities of house /home.

Yuuuuupiiiiiiiiiii way COOOOOOOOL CAT !
Thanks, Heinz. I’m excited although it will be awhile before it is set up. *sigh*

hmmm, I kinda like that stand alot! Kinda got a stucco-Florida-California-beachy thing goin' on.

Yeah, I couldn’t think of a way to describe it, that’s a good description. I like the stand too. Looked really nice in his house. He had thought about doing a mosaic on it at one time, but it is already heavy enough as it is, don’t need to add more weight to it….:lol:

Thanks…I like it.

Yeah! The Cats got a new play toy!
Sounds like a fun Sunday!
It's like pre-Christmas.

:lol: Pre-Christmas is right…a new toy , I like new toys! Maybe a pre-anniversary gift too, that would have been in 9 days, a pre-Thanksgiving gift too. Wow, I get a BIG toy for all of them, this is cool. Do you think I should wrap it, put a bow on it and act surprised when I open it?

Very nice!
You know who to call to help you shop. :)
Speaking of, isn't it about time to stock that pod? By the time we finish that you can set up the 90. :) Then you will be an official 3 tank addict. :)

Yepper, certainly know who to call. In fact, I am thinking about going to HR today. Don’t know yet for sure. I want some pods to throw in the 65 and need to get some cyclopzees too. I will decide in a bit, pm you, or call you if I go.

caitrina

Very cool Cat. I like the stand alot

Thanks, I like the stand too. It is very impressive when it is all set up. Has a touch of that “high class” yet very simple and beachy look to it. To me anyway.

I agree, I like the stand a lot also. It looks like it weighs more than the tank...

That stand weighs a friggin ton. Weighs much more than the tank. The tank was easily moved from trailer with 2 men, just needed a third to help guide onto the stand, but the stand took 3 men and they were straining and probably could have used a 4th.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Really nice! are you going to do some chromatic Floridian art deco color on it? Maybe a little Cuban tile inlay?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Cool beans Cat! It's like having money in the bank! Well, kinda!:lol:

That stand is very unique. I likey!:D

caitrina

Cool beans Cat! It's like having money in the bank! Well, kinda!:lol:

That stand is very unique. I likey!:D

:lol: Money in the bank, huh? Depends on how you look at it, right? :lol: Thanks Dr. S ......This may be Christine's home in the future (sweet lips)

lcstorc

This one is going to be fun.
I get to spend lots of Cats money to stock the tank.
I love shopping with other peoples money

caitrina

What a true friend and companion!:bugout: Have fun shopping ladies!:wave:

Oh yeah, a real true friend ....:lol: A wonderful shopping companion too....I get broke every time I go shopping with her. I really think we are even now since I forced the 90 gallon tank on her...well kind of encouraged her to get it...:lol: I loved spending her money too...he he he