Canopy or No Canopy

Canopy or No Canopy on your tank - that's the question.

• Canopy

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • No Canopy

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KMP

So I was curious what the prefernece was (canopy or no canopy); then I figured a poll on what you have would answer the question. So what do you have...

KMP

That's nice Frankie. My buddy's having an entertainment center built to house his 90g. Very similar to what you have.

KMP

i wish i would have had the forsight to know this would go south - might would have recieved more votes. :D

lcstorc

Open top for me. I have the frame of a canopy with a light on the top but it is all open. This helps with the heat and oxygen exchange.

mps9506

i wish i would have had the forsight to know this would go south - might would have recieved more votes. :D

Rest assured if you see booze posting in a thread it has already gone south :D
I'm trying to pull my mind out of the bottom of the gutter, but I think it is stuck in there.

mps9506

I'm surprised at the number of people that are voting no canopy. When I did my first tank with no canopy I got reamed for it. Too much light escaping, fish will jump out, are you too cheap to build one etc. etc. :D
I just like the way they look after seeing so many European and Asian tanks (fresh and marine) that used suspended light systems and open tops. Seems to be catching on over here finally.

KMP

I'm kinda liking the canopy.

70g.jpg

KMP

thanks frankie. mounted the lights in the canopy and brainstormed a way to have a strip of 12 - 2" fans along the back for heat. been thinking all day about plumbing also which i'll be working on soon. i'm pretty excited about this tank - may just have to start a build thread.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I like the canopy, we sit eye level to the display so the lighting would be really nasty, if a door is open its blinding