can someone point me direction to...

90gal

i m planning to get some koralia powerheads for my tank. where's the best place to get it with the best price. do i need #2, 3 or 4? and how many unit?

90gal

i send him pm, waiting for his respond. anyway, which one do i need? and how many do i need?

also, since everyone "like" remona skimmer, which one do i need?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think you'll LOVE the Koralia pumps. I just bought a pair of the Nano's and love them and will be running them in my upcoming 90g build as well. I think I'll start with #3's and add more if needed.

:)

RobynT

I bought two of the #4's when they first came out (Feb maybe??). I really loved the flow and the easy mount magnets, however within the last month both of the pumps failed on me within weeks of one another. I don't know if there is a difference in the first ones produced but that is my experience. I since bought a Tunze 6045 to replace one of the Koralia's but I didn't feel that it really compares to the flow on the Koralia's. I then bought the mod kit sold for the Maxi jets and modded a 1200. Great powerhead, lots of flow, takes all of one minute to put the new propeller and case on the unit.........then viola! Of course you still don't have a better mount or magnet mount unless you buy that separate. I used the magnet from my Koralia (at least I could salvage something from the dead thing) and glued it on with a little Crazy glue. Great powerhead now!! I just thought I'd tell my experience for what it's worth.......

I have a 90gal with 2 #4's in it .It has really good flow.I get nice polyp extenstion on my sps.It took a little time for my lps to get used to it .When I first turned them on my mushrooms were blowing around my tank like tumbleweeds.:)

I bought two of the #4's when they first came out (Feb maybe??). I really loved the flow and the easy mount magnets, however within the last month both of the pumps failed on me within weeks of one another. I don't know if there is a difference in the first ones produced but that is my experience. I since bought a Tunze 6045 to replace one of the Koralia's but I didn't feel that it really compares to the flow on the Koralia's. I then bought the mod kit sold for the Maxi jets and modded a 1200. Great powerhead, lots of flow, takes all of one minute to put the new propeller and case on the unit.........then viola! Of course you still don't have a better mount or magnet mount unless you buy that separate. I used the magnet from my Koralia (at least I could salvage something from the dead thing) and glued it on with a little Crazy glue. Great powerhead now!! I just thought I'd tell my experience for what it's worth.......

I think the first run of these had some kind of voltage leaking.Not shure it was the #4's but it was a few sizes.I think they were replacing them for free too.

lcstorc

I have 2 #4s on my 125 and love them. So far no problems and lots of flow. I wouldn't run them on a wavemaker though since the openings are so big a fish etc could be in there when it restarts.