Can i do clams in my 30g?

NjRiCaN

I have a 28g nano cube with the HQI canopy. Was wondering if I can do any clams in here and which ones would be better?

NjRiCaN

One thing I forgot to add. I have an argi angel in my tank. He does well with all my corals and inverts. Does not pick on any of them. Will you think he will pick at the mantles of the clams?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Some will some won't. Most likely he is going to view a clam as a nice treat from daddy.:yummy:
Here is a few words I picked up from LiveAquaria.com
The Pygmy Angelfish is also called the Cherubfish, Cherub Angelfish, or Atlantic Pygmy Angelfish. It is a brilliant sapphire-blue with orange highlights to the face. The Pygmy Angelfish requires a 30 gallon or larger tank with numerous hiding places and live rock for grazing on microalgae. It may nip at large-polyped stony corals and clam mantles.
The Pygmy Angelfish is an aggressive little angelfish, so it is best to never have more than one male per tank, since they may fight to the death. A breeding pair may be kept, and the Pygmy Angelfish has been bred in an aquarium with success.
The diet of the Pygmy Angelfish should include Spirulina, marine algae, high-quality angelfish preparations, mysis or frozen shrimp, and other meaty items. Feed three times daily.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Pygmy (Cherub) Angelfish
I think you would be able to keep a clam in your tank though. Minus the angel. Your lighting is good for it. How is the rest of your water parameters? Clams need consistent optimum water conditions and temperatures.

NjRiCaN

yea i read that to so thats why when i feirst started my tank an angel fish was not even in the picture. i went to my LFS and they said they had an argi in their main tank and he doesnt do anything to the corals. i took the risk and strangely to say hes the best fish in my tank when it comes to my corals and inverts. my royal gramma who is suppose to be "peaceful" beats the hell out of my hermits. my water perameters are very good. staying steady. i have 45lbs of live rock in my 28g. it does the job.

NjRiCaN

oh and about my water temp i have the jbj mini-artic chiller 1/15hp that works great at keeping my temp between 76-78. no less and no more.

NjRiCaN

Like to give some good news! On friday i went to my local fish store and they were having there annual sale day "Midnight Madness" they had the whole store for 3 hrs at 25% off and if it was already on sale it was still 25% off. they had just got a great shipment of clams. they were to beautiful to pass up and the price was great so i had to go for it. i bought one to test the waters with my argi angel. i asked the saleperson one more time if the argi will be a problem. they said no shouldnt be. i bought it and put it in my tank. so far 3 days in my tank. its nice and open and great part my argi hasnt messed with it at all.