Can I Breed Carpet Anemone

Frankie

RS STAFF
They don't breed, they propagate.
Propagating Anemone - While anecdotal, it may still be a valid observation that if you want your anemone to split or reproduce, frequent water changes along with target feeding the anemone every 3 to 4 days seems to induce the anemone to split (clone). This makes sense to me since for any animal to have the energy to reproduce, it must have the protein available. I also believe that the better water quality and the abundant food cues the anemone that it is in a very suitable environment capable of supporting more anemone like itself, a kind of trigger if you will.
Follow this link for more info:
Sea Anemone

rmlevasseur

Most carpets do not divide like BTA and will release eggs or sperm. To the best of my knowldge no one is successfully "breeding" them. It is believed that some female carpets can become impregnanted and will release tiny but fully formed babies. These are not clones as they are a mixture of genetic material.

I definitely think that stronger attempts at breeding carpets could and should be made in our hobby, but finding two healthy carpets is hard enough. Some people have been lucky enough to photograph eggs and sperm being released, but no one has reported successful rearing. I believe there is one commercial interprise that has claimed success, but it might just be rumor.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Carpets will also bud; which is dividing off a mini carpet. Very similar to cloning, but it is not fission; splitting in half. They grow a little bud, and when its formed it pops off.

Best thing to do is give it plenty of light, plenty of water changes, and plenty of feedings.

Carpets also divide very slowly once they do. I have a friend whose carpet has been dividing almost a year. It has two fully formed mouths now. Eventually it will split we think. But just taking its sweet time about it.