Can I, and which anemone?

I just got a false percula yesterday and was wondering what anemone would be make him happy so to speak. Also I can't find a T5 lighting system for my 10g, would I be able to grow an anemone in a 10g with a T8 50/50 light?

-Eric

BLADEYAMAHA

I used a 4 bulb 24 inch light on my 10 gallon, it had mounts that adjusted to a 10 gallon size. Worked good, not too sure about 1 T8 over a 10 gallon for a nem.

ChrisOaty

I'd advise against it. A t5 setup strong enough for an anemone to thrive will heat up the water (especially in the summer months). If you just purchased your first perc, I'm assuming the tank is fairly new (less than 6 months old). Anemones are hard to keep for the novice and almost impossible in a small tank because of the environmental swings (heat and water chemistry). In such a small tank I would highly suggest sticking with hardier animals and save the nem for when you're ready to upgrade to a larger tank as they need pristine and, more importantly, very consistent parameters. I hope this doesn't come off as harsh, but I learned this lesson the hard way. They're fascinating creatures and having an anemone hosting a clown is a goal of many aquarists. Work your way up to it and move slowly in this hobby. Happy reefing.

Conway Corals

RS Sponsor
I hate to be a downer as well, but if you put just about any type of anemone in a 10 gallon, you won't be able to put anything else in there anyway. They like to move, and most of the anemones that are good for clowns to host in get relatively large. You might consider some xenia, frogspawn, or some type of hammer. My clowns host in my hammer coral.

Then you don't have to worry about the thing moving, you get to see the symbiosis, and it won't take over your tank.

ChrisOaty

I'd try the frogspawn. It has a neat look similar to some anemones and is a hardy coral the clown may host.

I'd advise against it. A t5 setup strong enough for an anemone to thrive will heat up the water (especially in the summer months). If you just purchased your first perc, I'm assuming the tank is fairly new (less than 6 months old). Anemones are hard to keep for the novice and almost impossible in a small tank because of the environmental swings (heat and water chemistry). In such a small tank I would highly suggest sticking with hardier animals and save the nem for when you're ready to upgrade to a larger tank as they need pristine and, more importantly, very consistent parameters. I hope this doesn't come off as harsh, but I learned this lesson the hard way. They're fascinating creatures and having an anemone hosting a clown is a goal of many aquarists. Work your way up to it and move slowly in this hobby. Happy reefing.

if you put a glass cover over it it will be fine thats what i do and even with out a cover my t5 do sent bring up temp my bubble tip is doing amazing and i dont have the strongest t5 system out there.