Can any one ID this big guy????

t_j

This guy came with my live sand I sold it a couple of weeks ago but I just want to know what kind of snail it was. So far I have not had any luck tracking any info on it.

Attachments

• DSC01204 2.JPG
    DSC01204 2.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC01209 2.JPG
    DSC01209 2.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 174

t_j

So far no one has been able to ID it so I thought I'd post it here.

I forgot to post this "thing" also I think its a type of slug.

Attachments

• DSC01600 2.JPG
    DSC01600 2.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC01601 2.JPG
    DSC01601 2.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 172

t_j

Rick I think your right!!! Ya it was a pain in the you know what. Always eating my cleanup crew.

wonderloss

The one in the second set of pics looks like a type of anemone. Does it move much? Look up aiptasia and majano anemones.

t_j

yes, it seems to move a lot and it even went past the water line at the top of the tank. For got to ask why was it a good idea to get rid of the snail???

t_j

I don't think its that. Let me explain a little more about what it looks like. Its white and almost clear on the bottom side of it and it has what looks like a polyp or black and white feather duster on its back. I hope this helps ID it.

dgorner

Has been struck by the ban stick
from what i can see from the pic the one on the tank glass i would almost bet is a Nassarius snail with a feather duster growing on its shell, i have about twenty in my tank they help stir my substrate and usually only come up when i feed, but then again they do what ever they feel to.

tomshannon

Rick got it right... assuming your sand came from Florida, Gulf of Merxico, or the Caribbean, the species is Fasciolaria tulipa.

As for the other guy... any pictures with more detail?

t_j

from what i can see from the pic the one on the tank glass i would almost bet is a Nassarius snail with a feather duster growing on its shell, i have about twenty in my tank they help stir my substrate and usually only come up when i feed, but then again they do what ever they feel to.

I think your right that is exactly what it looks like actually.

t_j

Rick got it right... assuming your sand came from Florida, Gulf of Merxico, or the Caribbean, the species is Fasciolaria tulipa.

As for the other guy... any pictures with more detail?

I have CC but I have no idea where it came from. As for the snail I have not seen it since I took those pics. The way my tank is cornered I couldn't get that great of a shot.

t_j

TJ have a look at the stomatella varia pic.

I found one of these guys in my tank a couple of days ago I even took it out of the tank just to make sure it was a stomatella and it was. Pretty big one too. It was different then the one I first posted.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Rick and dgorner great ID'ing.

I agree 100 % :) Anemone, tulip snail and a Nassarius snail with a feather duster growing on its shell.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Very cool Boomer. Notice in my post i said "first guess"?
My second guess was B) Nassarius snail with a feather duster growing on its shell. :D