Calcium Reactor

Mary

Evil Angel
I've been wanting a Reactor for awhile now and would like some help from you. I looked at the Geo reactor and wonder who has one and if you are satisfied with it!?! I haven't spent much time studying them and need some leads or links to what you think are some good ones, if it's easy to set up and maintain, and any other advise that you think will help.
Thanks ahead for any help!

Maxx

Hey mary,
I know we've spoken about this before, but a friend of mine has the GEO and loved it, I plan on getting one too.
Hope someone else can give you some 1st hand experiance. If you can wait abit, I'll give you my own experiance when I purchase it,
Nick

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Mary,

I just looked at Hooked's set-up today, and she has a Geo Reactor. You may want to shoot her a PM and ask what she thinks of it.

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
I got a cal reactor from http://www.stoneyreef.com and they are pretty nice and he makes a calcuim/kalk combo reactor which is really cool and nice prices as well.

Here is a pic of the cal reactor I got from Patrick. It is not hooked up yet!:)

Attachments

• dscn4569.jpg
    dscn4569.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 254

dgasmd

Mary:

I have a custom version of the GEO reactor. Mine is a jumbo size though, but it is the same reactor for all practical purposes. This thing is great. I am so happy with it I would never get anything else:explode:
I spoke with Mike and he has a Deltec unit. They are supposed to be fluidised and suposed to be the next best thing right after the microwave and toilet. They are a bit expensive though and you have to buy their media forever to be able to use. I am too cheap for that, soI use crushed coral for mine and works like a charm too. I'll send you a picture if you want.
Alberto

PS: I can't believe you guys opened this new site and never even told me about it. I ahd to hear it from Robz days later.:( :(

Mary

Evil Angel
Johnny,
thanks for that info and I'll read about that kalk/ca reactor too. I've never come across that yet.

Alberto,
I wondered where you were and why you weren't on here yet!?! I'm glad Robie told you about this site!
Thanks for the confirmation on the Geo! Glad your happy with it on that monster tank that you have! Of course I'd like to see a picture of it and your tank too! My addy is mary@cdgcom.com whenever you get the chance to send it! Thanks for the offer!
Now where is Dr. Z???

jks1

i am also looking for a reactor- not sure if a kalk or calcium reactor, or a combo of the two Stoneyreef) would be better for a 75 SPS/clams tank. Anybody got a link for the Geo reactor??

dgasmd

Here is a couple of pictures of when I first got it. The chamber is 36" tall and 8" diameter. It is recirculated by a little giant 2md pressure rated pump. It took an entire bucket full to the rim to fill it up with media (about 55 Lb). I need something bigger though :help: :help:

Alberto :LOL:

Attachments

• reactor-1.jpg
    reactor-1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 229

Maxx

Mary,
I'm within a couple of weeks of buying it. Gotta finish building the stand and canopy, also going to drill the tank out for closed loop. Once school is over on the 18th of Dec. I plan on being able to crank out alot of that rather quickly. The stand is almost done, and I dont think the canopy will be nearly as time consuming. I'll definately keep you posted,
Nick

Mary

Evil Angel
Thanks for posting the pics Alberto! That's one Monster unit of a Ca Reactor! Good thing you're happy with it, I bet it cost a small fortune!

Maxx, thanks so much for helping out, I can't wait to get one and set it up. One of the local Michigan Reefers offered to come over and set it up and fine tune it for us, to help us get started. I have no idea on the set up, so I need to read up on all of that too. I have heard from many that have them, that it makes the tank more stable and less water issues to deal with. Is that true?
I know I'm spending money on Calxmax and B-ionic to dose to the tank and if I do that repeatedly for a few years, it does add up fast!
Anyone else have any reactors that they recommend?