Calcium Reactor - which one

sebastian

i'm planing to buy a calcium reactor set up for my 125g. /// i'm thinking about KNOP C and Korallin 1502 or GEO 618 /// anyone has a used set up??? which one is better ???? any input very important
p.s. price is important so thats why I'm thinking Knop is my fav.

Varga

i dont think too many people have CA reactors. I bought a used life reef off ebay, ran it for a few weeks and its been turned off for months :)

Now I think if you have a tank packed with sps, that could be a different story.

trippkid

Geo 618 here, love it, no complaints. I did add a second media chamber for more Ca media and Magnesium media to help use up any left over CO2, before going back into the sump. I would recommend using a controller vs. a monitor for controlling the reactor, I don't like using just a bubble count method(it can change over time). Good luck, I'm so happy I don't have to remember to dose two-part every night, one of the best things I have added to the tank.
Matt

sebastian

thx.... i just checked and it will take about $650 for the whole set up for GEO618 .... but KNOP C about $450 .... hard decision:whstlr: