By any chance there are any hunters on here?

mlags62

It's almost fall and if you're a hunter you know that time it is! Bow season, riffle season, and all the venison you can eat! Last weekend I took down a coyote that was going after all the deer on my family's property, what a beautiful animal, but a pest! :rocket:

I apologize if there are any people here who dislike hunting.

fruit bat

Fellas, I dont think this forum is the right place for this topic. We all have our own opinions on pastimes like hunting. Some people may even consider our hobby of keeping fish in enclosed tanks rather than leaving them in the oceon cruel.

Perhaps the creator of the thread should consider deleting it and then he wouldn't have to apologise to anyone who dislikes hunting.

Last edited:

ClintRSM130

I think quite a few people hunt, it's a working class thing. my recommendation is just to move it to the like "off topic" section of the forum to keep the admins happy.

BigJay

Fellas, I dont think this forum is the right place for this topic. We all have our own opinions on pastimes like hunting. Some people may even consider our hobby of keeping fish in enclosed tanks rather than leaving them in the oceon cruel.

Perhaps the creator of the thread should consider deleting it and then he wouldn't have to apologise to anyone who dislikes hunting.

I think thats highly unfair. If this was a vegetarian forum I would say you'd have some grounds for that argument. I'd bet most people on this forum have meat in their diet and I'd also reckon that most people on this forum still eat fish. I do think it belongs in an off topic section though.

mlags62

fruit bat sorry if this offended you in any way, my advice is if hunting offends you than don't click on this thread. For future references I'll post this on the off topic forum as I know this is a reef forum. I just thought it would be nice to see if anyone else shares the same hobbies as I do.

Clint it is not just a working class thing. That's a stereotype to the sport of hunting. Some people do live off of the meat they get from hunting but others as myself take part in this great opportunity of hunting, as a sport, an adventure, and an opportunity to do something different.

If we stereotype we offend people and that is just not a good idea. If anyone has any problems with this post ignore it. Just like T.V. if there's a show you do not like, you change the channel. Once again, I apologize to everyone who gets offended by this post and for now on if I have anything off the topic of reef stuff it will be int he off topic section.

Terry, thanks for the link.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You're welcome Lags! What part of the country are you in? Your zeal for the fall deer season sounds like what I used to hear from people I worked with in the upper midwest and northeast.

fruit bat

Sorry guys. The thread and hunting certainly dont offend me, furthermore I love Nothing more than a nice juicy rare steak. Perhaps had you seen the now removed comment from Member Max250 you would understand my response.
Things were getting rather unpleasant

mlags62

That's great to hear fruitbat! I mean, how upset can one get over an insignificant subject? And that's too bad that I could have not seen the post by Max250. I'm sure he had some commending words to say.

Anyway, over some serious consideration, I feel for the people who do not concur with my actions of posting this thread. For some people, this subject could be a political controversy and I would not want to spark that hear. If anyone has any words to say, feel free to send me a message, as I will not take it personally.

Best Regards to all.