Buying Livestock Online

waltmag41

Display tank has been cycled for about a week now and we are ready to begin adding livestock. I was wondering about online purchases of fish......I was looking for suggestions of reputable online sites. We have one LFS and it's a bit on the pricey side but I don't want to order online and risk a bad experience. Pics to follow soon......very excited!!!!!

dgilbert2

I buy virtually everything online these days, so much easier. BUT, I have never bought fish or corals online. I always prefer to go to the various LFS stores around us and select the best livestock I can see, often walking away with nothing if not happy with the look or health of something.

I guess if I did not have any LFS's to go to I would have no choice, but for now livestock purchases for me will stay offline :winky:

DaveK

Display tank has been cycled for about a week now and we are ready to begin adding livestock. I was wondering about online purchases of fish......I was looking for suggestions of reputable online sites. We have one LFS and it's a bit on the pricey side but I don't want to order online and risk a bad experience. Pics to follow soon......very excited!!!!!

The online vendors mentioned are all good, but I see you live in NJ. You may have to go a little ways, but you should be able to find plenty of good LFSs in your general area.

BTW, depending upon where you live in NJ, you might find yourself able to visit Pacific East Aquaculture (Dr. Mac), one of our sponsors, in person. The store location and directions are here (offsite link) - http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/directions.asp That way you can get the massive livestock selection of an online vendor, and see it all first, and pay no shipping charges. I get down there about once a year.