B'S 30B build Frag Tank

brandon

Hi all ty for stopping by. Well for a while now ive wanted a small frag tank of mine for many reasons. So friday me, my gf, and my kid were fishing at the river by my apartment and all of a sudden my gf says we should go to the fish store so you can start another tank. I was thrilled so i said lets leave now and go get e everything to start a tank. so we were back to our apartment in 10 and off to the fish store.

I had my eye on two tanks for the last month, a 30 Breeder or a 40 Breeder. They have a sell going on all month for %30-%40 off on all AGA and Aqueon tank. Well i get there and of course they are sold out of the 40b's and only had one 30b left so i snatched the 30b. Got a heater but not a fan of it. Its a fluval heater but on the package it says its submersible but after i got home and opened it, it was a different story. When i got my leds 3 weeks ago for my DT i had a 4 bulb t-5 HO fixture laying around so that takes care of the light. Also had a power head laying around. So far didn't need much equipment. Im gonna steal my media reactor from my Dt and put it on the frag tank.

The build started yesterday but i didnt have time to post anything. Dont worry i have pictures. I know how everyone loves pics.

My kid cheesin it up for the camera with the tank
30b.jpg

Piece of egg crate picked up from a plastic company i live by ready to be cut to size.
30b1.jpg

Now i marked the length of all the pieces
30b2.jpg

I love my favorite tool the dremel its so versatile. Oh cant forget my little friend the sharpie.
30b3.jpg

heres the 4 pieces i cut for the frag rack. They are 4''x31'' and 6''x31''
30b4.jpg

Now zip tying the pieces together. I also cut some side supports but didnt take a pic of them.
30b5.jpg

I prepped the tank for paint and this is after one coat of flat black paint. I ended up only needing 2 coats.
30b6.jpg

well the counter i wanted to put in it wasn't very level so i had to build a cheap stand for the meantime.
so i got a couple of 2x4's from the depot.
30b8.jpg

Hehe i even got my gf in the mix helping me with the stand she was bored.
30b9.jpg

heres a pic of the tank after paint and the rack in it before i put it on the stand
30b7.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Good lookin setup dude. Welcome to the frag club.

.......thanks for listening.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks to.me like ur only 4 dozen eggs to go.

.......thanks for listening.