brown algea on the crushed corral???

heels92

I'm hijacking a thread here...I am getting this algae growing in my tank. I have added a tang to my tank and maybe the bioload is higher. Any thoughts on how to get rid of this?

Algae_2.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
That doesn't looklike anything i would worry about Heels. Test your water tomorrow morning after the lights have been on for an hour.
I am curious what the nitrates are. You could be experiencing a minor spike with the new tang in the tank. And again, cut back on the nori.

heels, that is nothing...
How long have you had your aquarium set up?
I've noticed our algea and LR go from the original brown to going to a darker brown coating, to purple and green in all variations of colour. I've been told and read that it is just your tank building up what it needs. Our water levels have always been bang on from the start (knock on wood). Your pictures look great. I belive some of the pics. on my profile will show you the rock and the variations of colour just not as close as yours way though.
My Sailfin does a GREAT job of keeping things at bay. We also have 4 large snails that live on the rocks that help eat everything to.
Just relax and enjoy the colour show!