Brittle Star - On The Move

OneFishTwoFish

PREMIUM
We added a Brittle Star about four months ago. For the first few weeks, it made a home in a specific section of rock and pretty much hid all day. At night, we could see one or more legs sticking out, moving around, etc. At about the 4 week mark, it disappeared. We thought it headed deeper into the rocks.

At about 6 weeks, while cleaning the sump, I noticed the Brittle Star was in the sump. This guy traveled through 20 feet of 1" diameter pipe, and 2 ball valves. He dropped into a large filter sock, had to climb out of that sock, then wandered across the skimmer area, climbed a glass partition, and made a home in a rock pile.

Every now and then, I toss in a few algae wafers. The Star never fails to appear, snatch a wafer, then head beneath the rock pile. Lately, this guy has developed a new habit of climbing into the Skimmer area, crawling along the heaters, then returning to the rock pile.

Here's a video (not awesome quality) of his return trip to the rock pile:
http://vid1172.photobucket.com/albu...4-496A-47A9-B4F5-CF1ED4465E95_zpsmboeh04c.mp4

Oxylebius

Nice video. That star is probably eating all the detritus in the sump for you. I'm glad you are feeding it pellets so that it doesn't starve.