Breeding Bubbles

DaveK

It is most helpful if you refer to that actual common or scientific names of the fish, rather than the names used in the Disney film.

To answer you specific question, I don't know of anyone breeding yellow tangs. These fish get much larger that clowns, and would require a very large system to spawn them.

Trademark

If you would like to try to breed Tangs you absolutly need a 55gal poly drum with a window cut in the side, once they release the eggs, if you have a catch basin attached to the side of the top of the drum, you can then try. the only way to catch them is to have your water inlet from your sump coming in from the bottom on the side. A 53 micron sreen would need to be installed on you water outlet though.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's not even REMOTELY related to breeding Clownfish. Like night and day to say the least.

:)

BLAKEJOHN

Hi everyone,

Does breeding Bubbles as easy as breeding Nemo?

Thanks in advance

3ddd

Breeding bubbles are a piece of cake and take no special equipment at all.
They can easily be bred in anyones sump or tank regardless of size.
First you will need some type of a water fall. This can be made with glass plastic or just PVC.
Now run water through it or over it letting the water fall a few inches.
And there you have it a never ending supply of bubbles.

Sorry, The devil made me do it...:brothawolf:

cindyp

just like to belittle people?
quote: It is most helpful if you refer to that actual common or scientific names of the fish, rather than the names used in the Disney film.
and a little more! how rude RS is becoming?
quote: Breeding bubbles are a piece of cake and take no special equipment at all.
They can easily be bred in anyones sump or tank regardless of size.
First you will need some type of a water fall. This can be made with glass plastic or just PVC.
Now run water through it or over it letting the water fall a few inches.
And there you have it a never ending supply of bubbles.

We were all new once!

ausreef

to answer the original question yellow tangs have spawned in captivity but the larvae have never been raised,i think the longest they have lived is just over 2 months,we still have so much to learn

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
to answer the original question yellow tangs have spawned in captivity but the larvae have never been raised,i think the longest they have lived is just over 2 months,we still have so much to learn

One of the real challenges in raising tangs is that they have a 7 week planktonic cycle. They spend upwards of 7 weeks as plankton before they become a fish. The ones that lived almost two months sounds like they nursed them through the plankton stage and than could not get them through metamorphosis. That is one of the speed bumps in marine breeding. Not an easy fish at all.

DaveK

just like to belittle people?
quote: It is most helpful if you refer to that actual common or scientific names of the fish, rather than the names used in the Disney film.
and a little more! how rude RS is becoming?

Since you quoted me, I feel compelled to answer your question.

This is NOT a question of trying to belittle some one or be rude to them. The person only refereed "Bubbles". This makes it very difficult to tell what they are talking about. In fact it they didn't refer to "Nemo" you would not even know that they were talking about characters in a Disney film. How many types of livestock do we see in the aquarium trade that have the name "bubble" in them some place? It's quite a few.

Had they used a common or scientific name, the species being talked about would have been obvious. Note that even after my reply, RS people didn't know "Bubbles" was a Yellow Tang, and and additional posts were made by others to clarify that.

In addition, I still answered the persons question.

I believe you are reading way too much into my response, if you consider this to be belittling people or rude.

brucie

Since you quoted me, I feel compelled to answer your question.

This is NOT a question of trying to belittle some one or be rude to them. The person only refereed "Bubbles". This makes it very difficult to tell what they are talking about. In fact it they didn't refer to "Nemo" you would not even know that they were talking about characters in a Disney film. How many types of livestock do we see in the aquarium trade that have the name "bubble" in them some place? It's quite a few.

Had they used a common or scientific name, the species being talked about would have been obvious. Note that even after my reply, RS people didn't know "Bubbles" was a Yellow Tang, and and additional posts were made by others to clarify that.

In addition, I still answered the persons question.

I believe you are reading way too much into my response, if you consider this to be belittling people or rude.

+1

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
+2 Having a sense of humor is not necessarily the same as criticizing someone. When I first read the post I was thinking it was about fragging bubble coral.