Brand New

Friday24

Hey all, new to the forum and new to saltwater. Bought a RSM 400 that is almost done cycling, about 10-20ppm on the nitrates. I used all live rock, live sand, RO water, dosed with live bacteria and threw in a few Damsels to get the cycle going. The guys at the shop I bought everything from said I should turn off the skimmer and to wait on the charcoal for cycling. At what point should I start using them again? Diatoms got ridiculous almost overnight a couple days ago so I just recently put in about 18 snails, and about 20 hermits to start cleaning it up, which seems to be working but my water is looking a little cloudy. I know some of it is micro-bubbles I can't seem to get rid of, water flowing out of the skimmer even with it off appears to be the cause. Enough of my rambling....any input on the filtering and the micro-bubbles would be great...Thanx!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Congrats on the new RSM 400 ! Post us some pics :dance:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ay-post-pics-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.html

keep testing... During the cycle... the Ammonia will raise then drop, followed by the Nitrites raising and then dropping, then the Nitrates will soar - once the ammonia & nitrites are gone, then do water changes to reduce nitrates.

Ammonia > Nitrite > Nitrate

Tank Cycled ... then it's safe to add livestock

Shan

WELCOME!!
Im new here as well, and just upgraded a smaller tank to an RSM 500! AWESOME tanks!! Excited for you!
Ive had my tank up for two weeks and also am still having micro bubble issues. I think this is such a common issue, that Red Sea needs to work on this a little further. (Kev???) :)