Bobs Battle Begins, the dreaded byprosis

ModernReef

Burning
If you know how to get rid of it so well, then why do you still have it?
I have no idea if emeralds will or will not eat it, but there are very few things in this hobby can be said to be absolutely true or absolutely false. You have not had luck fighting it other than boiling it, but someone else could. Perhaps the emeralds are somewhat like pepperment shrimp and aiptasia. Some eat it and some do not.
Modern Reef. I am not sure if emeralds are an option for Bob. He has a small tank with a much loved mantis shrimp. I know the mantis can/will eat a lot of things but I am just not sure if emeralds would be safe there.

yeah emralds would be crab salad to a mantis!!! lol

Id suggest a ole' switcharoo like I do.
Pull the culprit pieces out, and put them in a temp system or another system with some emrald crabs.

10 or so will shred the stuff in just a few hours especially if there placed on the rock, in equally spaced out increments, and kept slightly in the dark (there shy)

who dosne't need an excuse to get a 10 gal tank just for emergencies anyway. No need to cycle it either, as the live rock would already be biologically sound "filtration"

lcstorc

If I remember correctly (and I am getting older so you never know), Bob's DT is 10g so I am not sure if another 10g is practical for him.
I don't want to threadjack Bob and I hate that I am asking this but do you think they would do a number on grape calurpa? I thought it was gone but apparently my tangs were just snacking and I got rid of the big guys. i just got a Kole but so far he has turned up his nose at the stuff.

BEELZEBOB

aint notin gonna eat it.

its a PIA.

im either down to boiling all my LR, putting all livestock in storage @ an LFS, and then using my taxes to start all over again with like a real nano set up.

or i can quit, give up, and use that money on a snowboard, clothes, Rc's, my car, bills....

and trust me, ive been researching and batteling this crap for months.

if you get it, you gotta traet it like the freggin plague, isolate and destroy.

i did not and my reef is ruined

lcstorc

You have done such a good job with this tank that I would hate to see you give up now.
Plus you know Bane will never find a better owner.
I vote for start over. Can you get a new tank and start with new LR? You already have such nice things I would hate for you to lose them.

Emg

Back before I knew any better.....I thought this stuff was pretty !

DSC09092web.jpg

After awhile it just disappeared. I occasionally see it growing on the outlet of my HOBs....but haven't seen any in my tank in a long while. I read somewhere that when phosphates are running higher in relation to nitrates...that you will get bryopsis, if nitrates are higher then you get "turf" algae.

How bout trying some RowaPhos in your tank. It's an iron based phosphate remover.....rather than phosban, which is aluminum based. Just a thought....but you might want to do some googling on the product.

burning2nd

its bin years... ive delt with it...
i just sucked a s load of it out today....

its far from gone... just under control
Picture3000861.jpg

years back

Picture3000448.jpg

Picture3000448.jpg