Bluespots - True Love - BJ & the Misses

plecosword

lmao did that sound like something dentoid would say?

i miss having that guy around, he was fun..
me too.

Lorraine, have you tried using windows movie maker? or if you dont have a pc, photobuket also lets you edit the videos there. you can put them all together, make effects, add music or whatever.

bluespotjawfish

BJ is just amazing! And to think, I get to watch this from my living room!
P1090732.jpg

P1090735.jpg

P1090728.jpg

P1090718.jpg

The Misses, still not impressed!
P1090719.jpg

Videos to follow...

BarbMazz

Just beautiful Lorraine. I love how he looks around in all directions to see if the coast is clear first. You can see it takes a lot of effort, too. Man, is he fast when he zips back into his burrow!

bluespotjawfish

About 90% of the photos I take are blurs because he is so fast. Many of those are upside down or sideaways. It is amazing how fast he dives back into the den.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Where is the Misses in relationship to this ostentatious display? Can she even see his advances?

bluespotjawfish

10 to 12" away in plain sight! It is amazing, she just hangs out in her den like nothing is going on! All the other fish are excited and dart in front of him. I think it is also strange that he doesn't go more towards her den. He just darts out in front of his own den.

DVNO

I just saw some bsj at my LFS and i was tempted to get 2 but is there a way to tell male/female? they had them in separate cups floating in the tank.

lcstorc

Be very very careful when buying 2. If you get 2 males, they will fight to the death very quickly. Your best bet is to get the two that look the most different. It is said that the males have a larger jaw since they are mouth brooders.
As always when purchasing thses fish be sure to see them eat and check carefully for any injury or discolleration. Starting with a healthy fish is step one. Step 2 is to keep the tank COMPLETELY covered at all times.