bluespot jawfish safe w/ tiny clown?

kaiya

Anyone have any experience or has anyone found any information about bsjf eating a smaller tankmate?

I just picked up a sweet snowflake clown....but he's tiny. And I have him in a critter cage in the tank just to be sure he doesn't get eaten. I have a bsjf pair. The male is big-6in. The female is 4in. They both could probably eat him easily....but would they want to?

I've searched online, and haven't seen anything about them eating smaller fish, but I did read about a tiger jawfish that ate a dartfish.

My guess is....if I don't want to take any chances with the new clown being eaten...then don't take any chances. ;)

Any info would be awesome!

Thanks!!

cindyp

I have BSJF and I never seen them have any aggression toward my clowns or other small tank mates.

kaiya

@ cindy thanks for the info.

After doing some more internet trolling, I found a post from someone who said their bsjf ate their clown goby....And my clownfish is tiny...like maybe an inch and a quarter...but more like an inch. So, I don't think i'll take the chance right now. maybe in 6mo-a year when he's bigger I'll put him in there.

Now to set up a new tank for my friend. ;)