Blue Spot at GREAT PRICE!!!!

vdituri

Do it! All the cool kids have done it!
By the way, I'm not cool. I don't have one. :(
Are they addictive? lol

bluespotjawfish

This sale has been going on for a while. I ordered mine at full price, but before it shipped they went on sale. So I asked for the sale price and was told I could get it. I have been waiting two weeks now for a credit to my account for the sale price and for a credit on a different fish that was accidently left out of my order and not shipped. They were good at communicating before and while I placed my order, but since they shipped my order and charged my account, they don't seem to care. I sent two e-mails, then called to make sure they got them, they confirmed they did but hadn't done anything with them, and then I sent another one I think this morning 'cause I still haven't seen anything. I am frustrated! I didn't even try and get a credit for the rainfordi goy that died (they have a guarantee).

I didn't present this before because I wanted to give them a chance to work it out. But, I guess bad press is what it takes! Heck they owe me a Bluespot or a credit to my account! My account really needs a credit and I really don't need another Bluespot, so I wish they would just take care of this.

bluespotjawfish

:verymad: :verymad: :verymad: I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM EXOTIC FISH REGARDING MY CREDIT. THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE, THEY DO NOT RETURN MY CALLS, THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO E-MAILS, THEY DO NOT CREDIT MY ACCOUNT! :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

BAD, BAD, VERY BAD~

lcstorc

Sounds like it is time to call your credit card company. It should be fairly easy to get a credit that way. If nothing else they should pay attention to you when they have to deal with a chargeback. Plus they get charged by thier bank for every chargeback even if they win. (Just found this out from my LFS.)

bluespotjawfish

I've been thinking about doing that. I did reach them one time, so I know for sure they have received my e-mails. I talked with Ethan, but he couldn't address the situation but assured me that he would talk with Madalene and get it taken care of, that it was just a matter of time.

I didn't post about them here for the longest time because I wanted to give them a chance to correct the situation (we all have bad days). They were really good when I was first contacting them but it just got worse from there.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Gosh Lorraine. I'm so sorry to hear of this. They must be going down hill. I haven't had to deal with any refunds, but I may not use them again. I don't like them messing with my friends!

DrHank

All on-line sites are good when things are good. It isn't until something goes wrong that you find out if they really are good. If the won't deal with you, I would let them deal with your bank. That's one good thing about credit/debit card purchases.

Nervoustime

There are 3 different Jeff's Exotic locations in Southern California. The warehouse in Gardena, California, is where you purchased the Bluespot. I know that Jeff sold that store very recently. The current owners kept the name Jeff's Exotic Fish. I have never dealt with them, but I can tell you that their other two stores in Orange and Costa Mesa, California, are good. The best thing is to reverse the charges on your credit card.

Last edited:

bluespotjawfish

Thanks for the info. Their e-mail address is Oscar's. I was working with Madelaine, Ethan, and Matthias (sp?)... I just checked my e-mail this morning and found this. The difference on the Bluespot was $60, not $20 and they didn't ship my Bluespot for over a week after I called and requested the sale priced Bluespot. AND they delay my order because the scooter blenny wasn't in stock, THEN they were supposed to substitute a Mandarin, THEN I didn't get either. Now to figure out if they deserve any future business from me.
What do you think?

Hello Lorraine,

My sincere apologies for having taken so long to return this e-mail to you. Honestly, we have been having some difficulty with our e-mail system as well that I was under the impression that your credit had been handled appropriately. I have researched your previous order and I see that in fact we did not send you your mandarin nor the scooter blenny and did charge you for that, which would be $39.99. I also do see that we did place in our notes that you have a credit for us for this amount, unfortunately, it does not seem to have been communicated to you. If you would like, I can credit your card accordingly for this particular item. As to your question about the Blue-Spot Jawfish, our sale prices are always dependent on our amount of purchase and also any specials that our distributors are able to give us. With that being said, the Blue-Spot Jawfish that you received was not part of that shipment that was placed on sale. However, because of the lack of communication that you experienced from us and to keep our business relationship in good standing I will go ahead and give you $20 livestock credit towards any future purchases.

Again, I apologize for our miscommunication and feel free to contact me directly if you should have any further questions.

Thank you,
Madelaine Aikman
Exoticfish.com
1-888-442-FISH

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Looks like they are trying to make amends. I think this speaks towards their integrity and their actions are good business. As you know I have been very pleased on both orders that I have received from them. Sure, I was upset when you were being jerked around, but it looks like they are trying to make it right. If this happened to me and I received that e-mail, I would definately use them again. BTW, Madelaine is the new owner of Jeff's Exotic Fish. She purchased the internet business and kept the name of the site. The business name is Oscars's Exotic Fish doing business as Jeff's Exotic Fish.com.

lcstorc

So let me be sure I understand. They are taking care of the scooter blenney and refunding your money for that. Then they are saying that the special price was only for one shipment of bluespots that ran out before they filled your order. So they ordered again and those blues were a higher price (by $60) when they filled your order. Now they are offering you a $20 credit on future purchases instead of honoring their sale price.
Is that what is happening?
If that is the case then IMO they should have honored the published price for any orders placed while that price was on their website.
As to what you should do, I'll just say one thing. I won't be buying from them because of your difficulty. I hate false advertising and that is what this appears to be.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I just don't get it... why do some companies refuse to back up their products??

And don't worry, this thread will not be closed. I think it is important for everyone to know the facts.

TGIF!! :dance:

bluespotjawfish

I do want to be fair to them. I did buy the Bluespot at the $149 price. They were instructed to wait for a specific date to ship (which they were very willing to do for me). The date came and went without a delivery (I was not notified until later after I had made arrangements to be off of work on that day to receive the delivery). I did tell them that if something wasn't right with the order they had permission to wait until everything was in order, but I did expect advanced notification of that. I called and made arrangements to substitute a very healthy Mandarin they had had around for along time for the Scooter Blenny. At that time, the Bluespots were on sale for $89 and so I asked for that price (they hadn't shipped yet). Then I arranged for a Saturday delivery and again was not notified until later that it would not be coming on Saturday either. This time it was the Rainfordi Gobies that didn't look good. I reminded them that I was ok with these delays but needed better communication about when they would be shipping. Since I had given strict instructions that I wanted healthy specimens, a delay because of that I appreciated (just not the fact that I was waiting all Saturday for fish)! Next thing I know, I am headed out the door to go to work on Monday and I get a call from FedEx saying my package is there. Thank goodness I had arranged for a hold for pickup. Needless to say, I had to take that day off work too (unexpectedly). Then, I open the package and no Scooter or Mandarin!

For comparison, I ordered some other fish from Diver's Den. One fish arrived dead and my shrimp didn't make it through the day. Within a day, my account was credited, after a courtesy phone call to determine how much would be acceptable (it was one of a pair) and where I wanted the credit. I didn't even have to provide proof! Now, in all fairness, Divers Den would not have held a shipment like Jeff's did.

One other factor that I haven't talked with them about is that one of the Rainfordi Gobies didn't make it through the 14-day live guarantee period. I didn't even ask for a refund for that. I figured they would work fair with me on this other stuff and we would call it all even.

Last edited:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
What a mess. Yuckie! I have learned how important customer service really is when using an online vendor. Track records matter!