Black Domino has mark on hs nose

Pat

Hi all,
MY Black Domino Damsel has a brown mark on his face from the white dot on his forehead, down to almost his mouth. It looks like maybe a wound, but it's brown. He is also been kinda aggressive to the other fish. Not overly aggressive to the point he nips at them, just seems to chase them into a hiding place. Any ideas? Just hope it's not a disease. He's very fast in getting around the live rocks, so I think it's just from hitting one entering after another Damsel.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I can't help with the brown spot but as to the aggressiveness, the black domino damsel are one of the most aggressive fish available. They are like a chihuahua, big dog in a little body. Hopefully yours will chill out and not get more aggressive.

Pat

I have to agree. I had another domino, but it died. It turned almost white, hid in the rocks all the time, and finally died. I believe the smaller domino, that I am dealing with now, stressed him to death. I also have a black and white striped damsel, and they get along fine with each other. I guess I'll just have to watch him close to see what this brown spot/stripe is. Thanks for the reply.

Pat

The wound only lasted a few days and went away. So bottom line, when he got wounded, it turned brown...............................?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Glad to read his brown spot healed up. It amazes me how fast fish can heal & even grow back nipped fins.
And I've never seen a domino that wasn't aggressive.
I think damsel tanks are very beautiful...my 135g FOWLR tank (18 years ago) was predominately damsels.
They had lots of room to swim & be mean to each other :yup: And they were mean to each other but that big of a tank, not being overly crowded, they never fought to the death. Thinking of my 135g makes me dream of bigger tank now. Hope my dream stays a dream cause I DO NOT have room for that big of a tank these days! :D
How big is your tank Pat? And what fish do you have? Would love to see some pictures :D