Billions of flatworms

Paul B

Crespeto, kids that age do get excited about everything. Mine got married a few weeks ago.

2006-1.jpg

Paul B

Thank you reefman, I like it but most people like wall to wall corals and people tell me it's sparse.

89Foxbody

Tank looks amazing...I'm just like you, I love finding new stuff in my tank all the time. I was so excited when I found a starfish on a piece of my live rock haha. That's what makes marine aquariums so interesting!

zigginit

the title reminds me of that one song...

millions of peaches, peaches for me, millions of peaches, peaches for free.

but instead its Billions of flat worm, flate worms for me, Billions of flat worm flat worm for free.

sorry im a dork

YouTube - peaches

Paul B

OK I would like to change the name of this thread to billions of brittle stars. The flatworms seem to still be with me but not as many as before. Maybe only millions now :confused:
I am more impressed by the multitudes of brittle stars. I knew I had a lot but I had no idea I had this many.
I was target feeding my copperband butterfly and some clams went under a ledge of a rock. Immediately the area became a sea of arms. Then from a near by rock, more arms emerged until it looked like they were playing
"It's Raining Men" at a female spider convention.
There were arms all over the place. Or is it legs? Anyway, I was curious so I lifted some more rocks and they are all over the place. They were always in there, just not in those numbers.
Cute little suckers and like the flatworms, amphipods, tubeworms, Paris Hilton and everything else in there, they are welcome to stay as long as they like.

cindyp

I like new things as much as the next person buy FLATWORMS! here's what they have done to some of my corals. beautiful? NOT......
051-2.jpg

049-6.jpg

052-1.jpg

050-4.jpg

Paul B

For some reason, my flatworms are not on my corals, they seem to be just on the rocks but if they cover the corals I will eliminate them

ddinox64

I have had a flatworm population pop up in may tank as well. Well actually the sump is the only place I see them. I did read they eat pods, but it seems my pod population is booming quicker than they are.
I felt an urgency when I first read about them and even did a search for Flatworm exit. But two weeks later I haven't acted yet. Guess it's that wait and see attitude. I've waited and haven't seen any ill effects as of yet.

Wow Paul, first you have an amazing tank, second I completely agree with your philosophy about hitch hikers/unknown inhabitants, I can't wait to get my tank going and see what I can't get to come on in and live there for a while haha

Do most of your "surprise" inhabitant hitchhike from rock I assume?

-Jim

Paul B

I am not sure where they come from. I did recently get a bunch of corals from a LFS that went out of business so I get stuff for free and very cheap. I guess it came from there.