Big today for the tank...can't wait to get home.

JKT69

This is what's on the way via UPS...

ECOTECH MARINE VORTECH WIRELESS MP10WES ECOSMART DRIVER UPGRADE KIT 1
ECOTECH MARINE VORTECH BATTERY BACKUP
SEACHEM LABORATORIES STRESS GUARD - 250ML 1
SC1113 SEACHEM LABORATORIES MARINE BUFFER - 250 GRAMS 1
CR05912 CPR FIRST A.I.D. DELUXE MODEL - ISOLATION / QUARANTINE TANK 1
SC4713 SEACHEM LABORATORIES CUPRAMINE ACTIVE COPPER - 100ML 1
ED1151 AQUAEUROUSA MAX CHILL 1/13 HP AQUARIUM CHILLER FOR TANKS UP TO 50 GALLONS 1
FT1313 1/2 INCH CLEAR FLEXIBLE VINYL TUBING / FT 2
FT1513 PLASTIC HOSE CLAMP 1/2 INCH 6
HD09135 HYDOR SELTZ L30 PUMP 320 GPH

Amonia has been steady at 10, yesterday dropped to 0.4, Nitrites are off the charts and Nitrates are now in the building...shrimp has turned into something unrecognizable, still running no lights or skimmer. All of these goodies gives me time to set up while I am finishing the cycle...yay me.

JKT69

Need some help...

1) No directions on how to operate the ecotech driver upgrade, and I cannot figure out what modes are associated with which colors, or how to set it.
2) The chiller...I bought the pump that was recommened by Marine Depot, but cannot figure out how to install it, of course the directions leave a lot to be desired. The chiller has an IN and OUT on the top of it. The pump has a dial on the end to control the amount of water flow and an opening on the top of it. So where does the pump pull water from to get to the IN on the chiller? DOes it have to be submerged? It says it is submersible or can be outside the tank. I don't want it submerged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tokalosh

Hey Tux

You can find the Ecotech user manual on this link

Customer Service | Downloads | EcoTech Marine

As for the pump you bought it can be used internal as well as external:

Hydor SELTZ L30 Pump UL Listed 320 GPH
Multi-use centrifugal pump for fresh water and marine aquariums.

The Pico and Seltz line of water pumps offers outstanding value coupled with exceptional features. Both series include flow controls. The Seltz line of water pumps can be used in a submersible setting or non submersed application. The Seltz line offers quiet and reliable operation in any appropriate aquatic setting. Additional features include low power consumption and maximum safety provided by thermal protection against overheating. All flow rates depend upon use and applications. For freshwater or marine use. UL Listed.

Features:
•For submersible and external use.
•Flow control system for regulation of outlet.
•Filter sponge inside pump-body.
•Adjustable base-support with suction cups.
•Suitable for protein skimmers.
•Two year manufacturer`s warranty.
Specifications:
•Tubing: 1/2"
•Power: 23W
•Flow Rate: 320gph
•Max Head: 75"

Main Features
Specifications

What's in the Box

Product Manuals & Documentation

The pump would ideally be situated on the outside of the tank and connected to the "IN" side of the chiller.

One side of the pump then connects to the input chiller adaptor on the tank and the other side of the chiller "OUT" will connect to the other chiller adaptor on the tank.

The adapotor acn be seen in the picture just abouve G.

250-filter-compartment.jpg

Hope this helps

Tok

JKT69

Thanks. On the water pump I only see one opening for tubing..are you saying there is an opening on the side?? I need an ilustration on how to hook the thing up and both the chiller and pump have no directions on what to do.

JKT69

31i77daihLL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

See this pic? I see one outlet, I don't understand. If i hook up the tubing to the IN on the chiller, and the pump is sitting in the cabinet, how does it pull water from the tank to push to the chiller?