Better late than never...

fivel

I guess I never actually introduced myself, just jumped right into asking questions. I started off with freshwater fish in a 45 gallon bowfront right out of college - so about 10ish years. After seeing the colors that saltwater had to offer vs freshwater, i migrated over back in 2004.

In 2005 I invested in a 125 gallon tank and a 72" PC lighting fixture, 2 Aura C Pro Skimmers, 10g fuge.

I've learned a lot of stuff over the years, many times the hard way, but have always enjoyed the knowledge and wisdom from discussing issues on this board. My old username expired, so even though I used to be pretty active on these boards, I had to start over with a new name recently.

Last year, with the ending of my relationship at the time as well as a disruption in my living situation, I was forced to leave my tank behind since I didn't have a place to move it to.

This last winter though I bought my first house and finally had a new home to bring my tank to. I have such a huge amount of respect for anyone who has ever had to move a fully stocked tank across a state. Now that i've gone through all of that, I've decided I really want to take the next step and advance with my reef tank. I ordered my new MH and T5 fixture today, which I'm anxious for that to arrive.

Proudest moment in this hobby so far is nursing a 2" bleached sebae anemone back to health into the beautiful tan monster he is today.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and hopefully I'll be chatting with you guys quite a bit.

Rich

fivel

Full Tank pic from 2006

l_6612b3a4f2904370107f70ab02217a90.jpg

Full Tank pic 07/13/2009

fulltank.jpg

Anemone and Clown in 2006

l_28b1951860b4aef5e3d435b5399bce6d.jpg

Anemone and Clown(s) 07/13/2009

left.jpg

Random Corals and friends - center of tank 07/13/2009

center.jpg

One of my favorite close-ups

zenia.jpg

My six legged sand-sifting star, only 6 legged one i've ever seen... 07/13/2009

sandstar.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member
Gorgeous tank! That's definitely a success story with that Sebae...very nice!

Welcome!