• Margarita

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Stomatella

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

swissgaurd

i voted for the nassurious snails there excellent scavengers.

has anyone heard of peri winkles there a black snail that are edible almost like escargo,im wondering if they would be anygood in a reef tank.

vic

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
*Periwingles*

http://www.biomescenter.com/comperiwinkle_learn.htm

This species is difficult to keep in captivity. Although hardy and easy to feed, they tend to climb out of the water along the top lip of the aquarium. They then seal themselves shut awaiting high tide (which, of course, never comes) and the snail eventually dries out and dies. Another problem is a strange inability to right themselves if turned upside down. The snails, if not turned over by hand, remain upside down, unable to feed.

rckmtl

Well I voted for the Nassirus snails cuz I've got a DSB, and they've been wonderful in the past. Mexican turbos are my fave for glass and rock cleaning though. I like them better then the astrea's cuz they seem to do a more through job...with the turbos, I tend to get big chunks cleaned, while the astreas I've had seem to clean in these wandering random trails. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Frankie

RS STAFF
My turbos are great for the rock but its the cerith That do the hard work behind the rock on the glass. They cruise too. I love watching how the right themselves up on the bb tank. They almost come out of there shell to do it.