best online fish store????

nightfire76

ok guys i was wondering in your thoughts what is and or are the best online fish store im leaning towards drs foster smith but not sure,ive never ordered fish online and never really liked that idea,when i get through this ich life cycle im gonna order 2 Ocellaris Clownfish one normal and the other black/white....both tank bred and was hoping for your thoughts and ill appreciate them :D

sambrinar

DFS is actually Liveaquaria (that's their live animal store), I have bought almost everything from them, excellent service and livestock. I just got a BSJF and a Yellow Watchman from https://www.reefhotspot.com/store/home.php also excellent service and products.. everything I have in the tank I have bought online or traded

nightfire76

no it would be like 3 hours out,theres an awesome one here in nashville but got the prices,the 6.5 lbs of rock i got from them cost me 65 bucks,granted they came with clams,polypss and a snail and not sure what other things might be on it,other then these guys theres one other place and i dont trust their fish...well i trust the fish just not the way they care for them lol

waucedah_joe

For economy, saltwaterfish.com is hard to beat but a lot of what they have on the menu is often not available. If you're considdering going that rout I'd recomment sighning up for their email as they are always running some kind of deal/sale. As stated above LiveAquaria is hard to beat for customer service. Very bad experience with Aquacon.com.

lcstorc

One thing to keep in mind when buying fish on-line. Do not get caught up in the free shipping if you spend a certain amount.
I have done it and my bio-load wasn't ready for that number of fish and it was not a happy time. Buy whatever you can reasonable add to your tank at one time and just deal with the shipping.

bhazard

One thing to keep in mind when buying fish on-line. Do not get caught up in the free shipping if you spend a certain amount.
I have done it and my bio-load wasn't ready for that number of fish and it was not a happy time. Buy whatever you can reasonable add to your tank at one time and just deal with the shipping.

This wont apply to coral though :)

nightfire76

yeah,thats why ill have corals too though never having corals ever im not sure what i could start out with but before i get into that i need to upgrade my lights......all in due time though :D

bdesper311

Alot of people will say saltwaterfish.com is the devil, but my only experience I had with them went well. I did lose one fish, however, they quickly credited it back to me for another. The only catch is you have to pay the minimum order again.

You're in Nashville? My brother-in-law owns a reef business there that sets up and maintains saltwater aquariums. I can ask him what stores around the area he suggests, if you would like me to.

tnwillia

+1 on DFS & LiveAquaria... They gotten LOTS of my money and I've got NO complaints with either equipment or livestock. Also for Equipment AquaCave and MarineDepot. These are where I go online most of the time. Good Luck!

CrabLady

I really like using Live Aquaria (Drs. Foster & Smith). Everything is as advertised and arrives on time and healthy.

rmlevasseur

I was going to buy 20 turbos that were on sale at Reef Hot Spot, but they tacked on a minimum order fee AND a box fee, not to mention $30 in shipping. I promptly cancelled. That stuff PISSES me off.

nightfire76

well here by nashville theres only aquatic critter thats an awesome set up but being that they are bout the only ones they charge up the azz for things,another place,emarald bey is closer but very crappy id say,their corals seem almost colorless,prices are a bit high and i dont trust the way they handle their fish,other then those two places i dont think theres any others.seems to me live aquaria gets the most votes
You're in Nashville? My brother-in-law owns a reef business there that sets up and maintains saltwater aquariums. I can ask him what stores around the area he suggests, if you would like me to.

sambrinar

ebay is risky IMO, I have only ordered once from Reef Hot Spot and was very happy with their service

l3fty999

I agree, but why not see if there are others close to you who would like to order too? Then you could enjoy the free/reduced shipping rates and not overload your tank. And Live Aquaria does have excellent customer service, from my personal experience.

Aaron

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Just tossing this out there.... I got my Live Rock from Live Aquaria and I would NOT buy from them again. The rock was the most dense (aka heavy by volume) that I've ever seen. It was so dense I had to DOUBLE up in order to have enough for my tank. I had to put over 25lb in my 12g tank to have enough "volume" of rock. It's heavy and NOT very porous.

D3monic

Thats why I like marco rock. Its very porous and provides lots of surface area. All my rock was uncured florida aquaculture. Rediculously priced at $13.99lb My 75gal will probably be mostly Marco with like 10-20lbs of home cured aquaculture for seeding. Once you get passed the majano and bad hitchhikers you get lots of interesting life.