Best MH brand

• XM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ushio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason25

Hello everyone, after a long absence I am returning to not only the forums but my tank as well. Everyone knows all about life getting in the way of our fun. I lost mt job of 8 years back in May and have been on unemployment and job seeking since. But enough of that, I need to replace my MH bulb and was wondering what brand everyone uses. I plan to get most likely a 20,000k bulb. BTW it's a double ended HQI bulb. Also where is the best place to purchase one from as far as price. I can buy them at my LFS,Ushio Aqualite Compact Metal Halide Lamps for $60 or an XM double ended for $70. They also carry reeflux for around $60. So just looking for some thoughts. I missed this place and it feels good to be back.

Frankie

RS STAFF
What's up Jason, sorry about the work situation. It seems to be the growing trend these days :(
I am not a big fan of DE MH's and my favorite is Radium for the 20k bulb but being you cannot get them in DE I would vote for the Aquaconnect 14k from what I have seen Aquarium Specialty
The Giesemann MegaChrome 22,000 K Aquarium Specialty
The Coral Vue Double Ended 250 Watt 20,000 K Lamp has a nice look and good longevity: Aquarium Specialty
People like the XM bulbs but I did not in SE. My ballasts blew the bulb just after 6 months. I will never use them again. Not only that but the par fluctuated on me from day one.
Out of all the ones you asked about I would go for the Reeflux.