Best glue for fragging?

Jeremy0322

There are a bunch of threads on RS about this exact topic. I know there is something you are supposed to avoid, but i dont recall what it is exactly, you could try the search function on the tool bar up top and see what you come up with. I know alot of people use super glue gels because they are easier to work with underwater, but aside from that im not much more help...lol.

Welcome to RS by the way!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Super glue GEL works great but the shrooms will prove difficult to stay attached because they can slime right off the glue.
For shrooms and leather frags I like to use a loose fitting rubberband or wedge them between two pieces of rubble; then just wait for them to attach themselves (takes a few weeks).

michael_cb_125

I have the boston aqua farms glue and glue accelerator. It works very well. You just but a drop of the glue, stick the coral on it. The add a drop of the accelerator and it cures instantly. I have used it with stonies and poylps/mushrooms. You can get it from Marine Depot and it is not too pricey.

I have also used regular super glue gel, it does not work nearly as well as the BAF glue and accelerator.
~Michael

new reefer 03

i have used the cheap super glue gel, and the more expensive one. the more expensive one wins.
go to walmart, and get this little blue tube of super glue gel, its only like $3, and works very well. its holding my hammerhead straight up.

BLAKEJOHN

For Zoa's it would be best to just set a chunk of rock or cured epoxy next to them and let them grow onto it or chisel apiece of rock from the mother colony. Zoa's are toxic if they are punctured and if this juice get into your bloodstream via cut or in your eyes you will be admitted to the hospital.

ZAPCOnj

I've used super glue gel.

646927_front200.jpg

put a drop on the frag plug and immediately dip the plug in water to get a skin over the bubble then place the frag on the plug with a little light pressure dip in water to again form the skin over the glue and place in the tank to cure.

I've used super glue gel.

646927_front200.jpg

put a drop on the frag plug and immediately dip the plug in water to get a skin over the bubble then place the frag on the plug with a little light pressure dip in water to again form the skin over the glue and place in the tank to cure.
That's the same glue I use as well.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
If you live near a Hobby Shop you can get larger bottles but not a LOT more $$

I normally use a brand called "Zap". They have different viscosity types and the one that works best is ZAP-A-GAP® CA+

I use the "Cheap" stuff as well and have had no problems with it at all :) Save $$ when you can :D

UTCreefer

For zoos use a dab of super glue gel. Shrooms put in a small container filled with rubble with a bit of netting over it for a week and they will attach on their own.

ZAPCOnj

I just tried this stuff last weekend:
sgg2_m.jpg

and i have to say it's CRAP. the tubes have very little super glue in it and it doesn't hold very well. I got them in 2 packs for $1.79. most of each tube was a big bubble of air. big waste of money. most of the stuff i glued didn't stay glued. i had to go out and buy the Loctite brand. I have stuff in my tank that i glued over a month ago that is still holding strong.

The LOCTITE stuff works the best IMO.

hagakure

the boston stuff is pretty good, but i find the thickness makes it difficult to really grab a hold of rock or plugs. ic gel is my number one choice atm.