Best Co2 regulators,selenoid, etc?

mps9506

The first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a dual gauge CO2 regulator and solenoid....
the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me 15 pounds of Koralith calcium reactor media...
:D

prow

The first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a dual gauge CO2 regulator and solenoid....
the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me 15 pounds of Koralith calcium reactor media...
:D
on the thrid day of Christmas my ture love gave to me a bubble counter.

Melev

This is something I know a little about. Milwaukee regulators are very unreliable from personal experience, because they are not as percise as needed. I had one and had to send it back because it needed a half pound needle valve. Here is a link for the new one I bought, you might want to check it out it is much higher quality workmanship, but cost more. Milwaukeee is the most most common, but may be due to the price.

AQUARIUMPLANTS.COM's Co2 Regulator)

That is what I've heard as well. I was going to buy a new one from AquariumPlants.com, but while I was waiting I borrowed another Milwaukee for the time being. I've been using it for 7 months, so now I own it and have to pay my buddy for it. :doh:

And FYI, the bubble counter should never be filled with saltwater. RO/DI is preferable to tap water, or distilled.

I recently got some fluid that is very thick, and it makes counting bubbles a simple thing and it doesn't evaporate away like water:

bottle_of_oil.jpg

bubble_counter_oil.jpg

Here's a video of how it looks. (3 megs - Right Click & Save As to your harddrive please) With the slowly rising bubbles, it is much easier to count bubbles per second.

Finally, a link to where you can buy it.

Melev

It was a loaner, and I didn't want the moisture in the fishroom to rust it. I guess I can take it off now. :lol:

GiantRedEyeball

Be careful when using the bubble counter solution on the Milwaukee Regulator. The reason why I sent my back to Milwaukee was the fact that it kept releasing bubbles out of control no matter how I adjusted it. The faster the bubbles come out the more viscous the fluid becomes. If the bubbles continue flowing out of control the fluid can actually be forced through the airline tubing and into the tanks water. This happened to me once, and Milwaukee said it was because their regulators basically arent as sensitive as one might need and may need a half lb needle. this is why I shipped mine to them for the new needle valve, however I just received it back yesterday and they gave me a brand new one (with the same needle valve). So they fixed the broken solenoid, but not the needle problem. I have the Best regulator from Aquarium plants and am going to keep it on my set up. I will only use the Milwaukee in an emergency.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I find it funny how sometimes hobbies use the same equipment as trades do I had a customer come in last night looking for CO2 setup & I was looking @ a flier fro Fresno Oxygen a welding supplier So I looked up pricing though my vendor & for the same product except the fact you dont own the bottle the Welding supply house was 50% less than wholesale for the same system

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Melev - ahhhh... okay. I thought maybe it was another super coolio trick of yours :)

GiantRedEyeball - good to know! Thanks :)

AQTCJAK - Things that make you go "hummmm..."
Thanks for the info Jack.

GiantRedEyeball

I also forgot to reference this but the aquarium plants.com "best regulator" has a 3 year warranty which is pretty good. I am not sure what makes up the bubble counter solution it seems maybe like silicone, but I am not sure.