Best Co2 regulators,selenoid, etc?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Who makes the best Co2 regulators for a calcium reactor, selenoid, needle valve, etc?
Are they all made the same?

prow

who makes the best, got me.

are they made the same, no. different seals used, some are for high pressures. they also have primary and secondary types incase you want to run several things off it. the gages too some has a high and low pressure gage others not.

michael_cb_125

I think that when I get mine Ca. Reactor I am just going to get mine from Life Reef. I talked with Jeff a while back and he said that he pairs everything up perfectly. I figure that it will be easier to just get it all at one place.~Michael

GiantRedEyeball

This is something I know a little about. Milwaukee regulators are very unreliable from personal experience, because they are not as percise as needed. I had one and had to send it back because it needed a half pound needle valve. Here is a link for the new one I bought, you might want to check it out it is much higher quality workmanship, but cost more. Milwaukeee is the most most common, but may be due to the price.

AQUARIUMPLANTS.COM's Co2 Regulator)

Rex Grigg customs also makes high quality unit, but it much more small scale of an operation.

CO2 stuff for sale

GiantRedEyeball

I forgot to mention this, on my Milwaukee regulator my solenoid also failed and had to be replaced. I will say that Milwaukee's customer service is not so bad compared to some places. They sent out a new solenoid no questions asked, but unfortunately I had to still replace the unit due to other problems with it.

boozeman

IMHO all valves have the potential to stick at any given time and should always be given a periodic check :eye:

well now...if we're talking 'the best' price no object...then I would go with something sexy and Italian :D

Last edited:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Booze... did you take a part time job with Elos?? ...if so, can I have a discount please?? :D

lcstorc

I swear you must be on their payroll. Then again people think I work for ASM since I recommend them so much. :)

prow

i use reef fanatic deluxe regulator. came with my reactor.

i looked around and the Milwaukee regulators are $80-$90. reef tanatics are $140. not sure why, anyone?

mps9506

Do they include a glass u tube in that, or is it plastic?
For some reason I remember hearing glass T and u tubes coming with it.

BTW reeffantic has one that has been somewhat popular also. Might want to check with that one as well.

mps9506

i use reef fanatic deluxe regulator. came with my reactor.

i looked around and the Milwaukee regulators are $80-$90. reef tanatics are $140. not sure why, anyone?

I think because you only have to adjust the needle valve on them. But I haven't used, just been read around :D

prow

ahhh ok. i have only used this one and yes all i have to do is adjust the needle vavle. it has a preset electronic controlled working pressure.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I just got a great idea... with camera in hand I am going to tell my husband that I want a carbon dioxide regulator for christmas... LMAO!

boozeman

reminds me of that commercial where the guy sets up the christmas lights in the shape of an arrow pointing to the garage :lol: