Best Camera?

Beth Maroney

Hi all! I’ve decided I’d like to have a camera for the tank when I’m away for work. I know Reef-Can is popular, what do you all use? At that price I might as well get a Go Pro!

Thanks!

Pancho75

I use a Danhua cam but honestly I am looking to improve it, do you know the Go Pro resolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beth Maroney

I use a Danhua cam but honestly I am looking to improve it, do you know the Go Pro resolution?

1080p. It’s seriously good. How it would do submerged under water for long periods of time I’m not sure. They do have good warranties.

Pancho75

1080p. It’s seriously good. How it would do submerged under water for long periods of time I’m not sure. They do have good warranties.
I was about to pull the trigger in the IceCap Reef Cam that it is designed to be under water all the time but after reading the reviews I had to push the brakes as most the feedbacks were negative.

I am thinking to put a Nest or Arlo cam to replace the Danhua I have in front of my tank.

Last edited:

Pancho75

I was about to pull the trigger in the IceCap Reef Cam that it is designed to be under water all the time but after reading the reviews I had to push the brakes as most the feedbacks were negative.

I am thinking to put a Nest or Arlo cam to replace the Danhua I have in front of my tank.

Does anybody have a better suggestion?

Pancho75

Hi all! I’ve decided I’d like to have a camera for the tank when I’m away for work. I know Reef-Can is popular, what do you all use? At that price I might as well get a Go Pro!

Thanks!
Did you make a decision on the cam?

Beth Maroney

I think I’m going to go with a Nest camera- at least I can use it around the house if I come across something better later