BAD day :(

TDEVIL

well, as some know, i just finally got a rose BTA
i have been working a lot of overtime and havent been getting home until the lights are going off, so i havent been able to watch anything really well. wife was telling me that the bta wasnt looking all that well, but i brushed it off as it just getting use to the tank and hiding. well i made it a point to get off of work @ 6 (just work 12) so i could take a look at everything
i am so mad (to keep it clean) the bta is in the process of dieing :(, and my tank is crashing, i did a w/c and the zoanthids are starting to open, and the fish are starting to do better, but, yet again i am loosing my acro's, the new ones that i got from Logical are dead, or very close to being dead, as are the others, i feel so bad for getting them, just to kill them
all the params are out of wack, w/c are helping

the funny thing is, is that the clam is just fine? i guess he is really hardy, for some reason

i am thinking about throwing in the towel, i have spent so much money on these corals, to watch them start to take off, then something always happens, first a power outage, and now this:( and they die, and then there is the feeling of knowing that if i hadnt bought these SPSs they would prob still be alive
i just dont know if i can do this all again, i am almost at the point that i dont care anymore
the only thing left to happen is the tank busting, which will prob happen next week

ok, i will quit winning, and let you get back to reefing
and thanks for listing

Jay

Curtswearing

I'm so sorry Taz!!!

I've always been afraid of anemones. Hang in there bud.....you'll be surprised at how many of your corals manage to survive this. Run some carbon and do another waterchange.

Anyone else have any ideas???

BoomerD

Hang in there bubba. We've all been there. Do you know what is causing the crash? If the BTA is still alive, then it's not the likely candidate. Could something have come with the corals or the clam? (presuming they all went in about the same time). What are the tank water conditions? Have you run any carbon to help eliminate the possibility of chemical warfare? It sure seems strange to have things go south all of a sudden. BUT, it does happen for no apparent reason sometimes. It might take a bit of detective work, but if you'll work with us, I'll bet we can figure out what the heck is happening.s

Gina

RS STAFF
Ditto on the carbon! Lots of water changes. We went through this same thing 2 months into it (not knowing any better) and things finally turned around for us. Hang in there! Don't give up yet! I know how frustrating it can get but, we are here for you!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Man, that stinks! Hang in there tho! Do some more w/c's, and run carbon, as stated. If, the anemone is dying, it is probably releasing amm into your system, but that is just an if. Good luck :)

Edit: If only I could type, lol

SunnyX

Stick with it Bro.
It may be tough but things can always change.
I had my fair share of crashes but i fought back

Good luck.

NaH2O

Contributing Member
TD!!!! Hang in there! We're here for you, and if you quit, then I'll have to drive over and knock some sense into ya. I agree on the carbon and water changes. Keep an eye on the stock left in the system for signs of further stress, and also your water parameters. We'll help you thru this, whether by support or advice.....

Let us know how things go

semigodd154

dude that completely sucks sorry that happened to you especially when things were just starting to take off for ya. did ya happen to check if you had some stray current getting into the tank probably not what it is but maybe itll help to eliminate a possible cause hopefully youll get a full recovery heres some karma for ya .

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey Jay! Stay with it friend! You know you love this hobby to much to give it up. I was there just a month or so ago and now starting completely over and thanks to alot of fellow reefers I feel much more confident about this new set-up than any other tank I had going.

How was the temp during this time in your tank? Big swing can cause alot of problems. Just brain storming a little to help find the cause!

wooddood

the wood dude
man jay that just stinks bud, i know you've spent alot of money lately on the new corals and i really feel for ya bud. i have a canister filter if you want to use it ti run carbon. or if you want me to hold some of your corals for ya until you get your tank back in shape no problem heck were only a mile apart. if i can help you just holler im more then happy to help anyway i can.

TDEVIL

sorry i didnt get back sooner ;)

BoomerD, the clam was added a few months ago, the only thing that was added was the bta and a acro ;) and the only thing on the acro was a acro crab, wife let me go to the LFS by myself or i would have never been able to get the acro ;)

as far as the tank, it is much better now, i had a lot of carbon running (maybe to much) and have done a few w/c, the params are coming down, the amm is still at 0.5mg/l, trates are at 5.0, trites are at 0.5 so it is getting better, i will do another w/c again monday
only about 1/4 of the bta is there, i have never seen a anemone do this, it was like a linkia melting (seen pics)
what is left of the anemone seems to be doing ok, Dave (wooddood) seen the size of these Roses, and it looks kinda sad now, it is trying to make it so i dont want to take it out of the tank, and it would be a pita to do that

i had a talk with the wife, im going to try again ;)

im not a quiter ;) but i could here the wife saying, AGAIN, so i figured i was done

thanks for the offer Dave, but it looks like i caught it in time, the polyps on the blue tip stag are actually out right now (good sign)

thanks for the chat this mornin, Johnny, helped more than you know ;)

on another note, the mantis that i was going to get at the LFS is gone? now where to be found, that kinda brang me down also, i guess i will have to get one online, lol

have a good one all

Jay

mojoreef

Just a reefer
That a boy TD, stuff happens in this hobby and sometimes you just got to suck it up and keep plowing through. I just goofed on a magnesium dosage about a month and a Half ago, burnt all the tips of my acros, probibly about 75 colonies. talk about depressing, it doesnt matter how skilled you are my friend the reef gods always come round once and a while and bite ya right on the Ass.

mike

Playa

Jay glad things are coming around for you. Please stick with it no matter what:)

Stay wiht oyur water changes and keep your eye on the anemone. Remove it ASAP if it looks like it will not make it. Please show us a picture of it.

Luis

wooddood

the wood dude
jay i'm really glad to hear that things are looking better for ya, i thought about you all day yesterday and almost stopped by but know if it was a good idea or not so i did'nt. if you need anything bud just say it and i'm there. have a good one buddy.

TDEVIL

well, after reading a bit further, and after my eyes going crossed quit a bit from some of Mike's (Mojo) posts, i think some of my issues were with the DSB and the anemone just jump started it all

so im doing it ;), im going BB, i figured a new begining deserved a new start

so far all is good, having trouble finding one of the wrasses, but, not a big deal, i just hope he hasnt buried himself ;)

i did have a slight problem with the other wrasse, (my fav) he tried to attach the net and it got stuck in his mouth, then when i finally got it out of his mouth he wouldnt let me take my hand out of the water, my little buddy, i hope he didnt get to stressed out

here are a few pics ;)

PS, Luis, i didnt get a pic of the rose, sorry, it is doing a bit better now ;)

Jay