Back at it, and out of the loop.

Reefstick

So, after having our two babies. Rachael and I are getting bit once more by the reef bug. If you all remember we had a very nice 75G mixed reef that was our life for about 5 years. After the leak, we broke it down and sold off the livestock and gave the rare items to a buddy to look after until we got back into the hobby.

Now, I could use a little help here. We are going all out this time, 75G or larger...not sure yet on the sizew. you know, I wan the 300 she wants the 75:bouncer: The reason I am telling you this is because I know there is a lot of advancments in the past 2-3 years and I want to make sure I buy the right equipment.

I need ideas on lighting. The last tank was 2X 75MH (10K) and 3X 46.5 VHO...as you may know, I can't find VHO bulbs in this state anymore and see that T5HO are taking the market. I love the way the MH bulbs flicker on the sand so, I want to keep with the MH setup but also would like to have a high output flor for dusk-to-dawn cycles. All this in-mind I want to go mostly LPS this......Oh who am I kidding you know I am going to pakc that thing full of every coral I can get my hands on..LOL! beat_dead_horse

Any sugestions on lighting.

FWIW- I am a DIY freak.

Mark

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
If you're good at DIY by all means get yourself some QUALITY MH fixtures (you probably already know all about those) and get some Ice Cap or better T5 with Individual Reflectors per bulb (IDR).

Welcome back :)

Reefstick

Ice cap T5's got it.

I am super stoaked to get back into this. Everytime a freind comes over they look around the house for the tanks.... they get so sad when I tell them they are gone. They have no clue how sad I was to break them down.

What is the most efficient ballast on the market for MH's now?