nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
This post may help with posting pics...
1 way to post pics from photobucket (nanoreefing4fun)

If you happen to have an iphone there a photobucket app - you can take a pic on your phone, upload it to photobucket (which automatically re-sizes it) get the url, click on the little "picture frame icon" add the url and have the pic up here on RS in just a minute.

If you want RS to host the pics (not photobucket) you can use this free site, it is very quickly & easy to use... to re-size pics - hope this helps :nessie:
http://www.picresize.com/

SPR

So everything arrives in a cpl days ... but as far as test kits supplements etc I got the Red Sea marine care kit and the Red Sea reef mature pro kit. I'm guessing I also need the Red Sea reef foundation pro test kit but what about Red Sea colors pro test kit? Also which supplements should I purchase? Or any other suggestions it changes? Thank you! ... also once I start where should I post progression notes and pics?

Hi Eric

Just been reading your thread and a bit of a change from a Max S 650 to a nano but you can always upgrade later! The Nanos are stunning as well like all their tanks.

If I were you, and I started last year, I wouldn't bother yet with any supplements. If your going to get corals and your clearly into Red Sea, like I am, then I would just use the Red Sea Coral Pro Salt as that contains all the elements (Ca Alk Mg etc) you need to keep the water stable. You just set the salinity you want and it all measures out.

You can test the parameters for the reef foundation elements with the test kits, but if you use the good salt you shouldn't need to add much of anything, and if you do find levels dropping, look at Red Sea ABC+ which is designed for this type of tank up to I think 90g.

Get yourself a Refractometer and the Red Sea is good, but just make sure you calibrate it before every use if you get this one as very sensitive. This takes seconds so not a problem.

Now then. The Coral Colours Pro test kit. All the test kits from Red Sea are relatively easy to use when you get used to them. This one I can't comment on since as soon as I opened the box and saw the contents and instructions, which appear in line with nuclear reactor testing, it was shut back up and in fact I've sold it on eBay just today before it expired next year!

I dose Coral Colours myself and they make a difference, but I dose by calcium uptake, which you can with these, and I do it manually rather than via auto doser as the coral colours contain certain elements which in high concentrations can be very bad for corals (fatal I seem to remember hence I manual dose!). In reality I just squirt a couple of sringe fulls in the sump every 2-3 days.

Look into NoPox (Red Sea)as well as you will likely need to have control of nitrates/phosphates from the outset otherwise you will have issues and you can dose this daily from pretty much the start once cycled etc but you can read up on this.

I've got the Max S 650 and have a separate build thread and it's very enjoyable and they are all stunning tanks, but just start reading up on everything as much as you can and you have everyone on here for help as well when needed.

Oh, and post your notes on here, or a new build thread and we all like pictures...