baby brittle star?

yankieman

I dont have a very good camera so this is the best I could do but when looking at it, it has arms that look like a bristle worm its about the size of a nickle, and it looks like a baby brittle star to me but not sure any help? it came off the bottom of the frag pipe organ I got

Attachments

• critter ID 001.jpg
    critter ID 001.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 93
  • critter ID 002.jpg
    critter ID 002.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 93

yankieman

well if thats the case then I will probably add him to my fuge tank and keep him should be interesting addition

yankieman

well it came in on the bottom of the plug for the pipe organ coral I got at MACNA but I dont see any more lurking on it,, but as long as its not something bad im ok with it,, and it was just a small frag so not to much room for more and I can see it pretty well ,, thanks guys

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
they are ok right?

Boy that's a question for the experts here but I have them n have not noticed them to be any problem. I think their cool. Come to think of it I haven't seen any in a while. Wonder if they were mandarin or wrasse food?

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
alot of people do move them to the fuge but they will find their way into any art of the tank they want!

Wave Rider

I think I have the same thing, a lot of them. They stay in holes in the LR with one or two legs out in the current. I cannot see the color on yours from the pictures but mine are the colors of my Coral Banded Shrimp with a little deeper maroon stripe. Is that what yours looks like? I am glad to learn they are probably not an issue as they have multiplied quite a bit. I think the first one(s) came in on a plug with my Green Torch.

Funny story, about a year or so ago I saw some of these at my LFS (Brittle and/or Serpent), and asked the woman working there if I could buy the live rock a few were climbing on. Well at the present time in my 10 gallon nano, you will see dozens of them, everywhere! Instead of tons pods, I have tons of mini stars - kinda cool