AZNO3 (Absolute Zero Nitrates)

BEELZEBOB

see im all cycled. and i aint got no probs.

but if there is a gunk i could but in my tank as an extra NO3 Cycle booster, IMHO, its worth 20 bucks...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Actually AZNO3's mechanism of action is probably similar to the Sugar or Vodka method that is so widely used in Europe. It may be a viable treatment for someone that is lazy and sloppy on maintenance or for cleaning up a neglected reef.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I thought SURELY Boomer would chime in on this one.. someone put up the "Boomer Light" over Gotham to call him in :)

Witfull

did someone say eco-aqualizer?

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!

(i offered to test that contraption and report on it to everyone on RS, send me an evaluation product for free. he said buy it. i offered to pay half. he said buy it....i laughed)

Melev

I just finished using it on my 280g reef. Nitrates were 60ppm before I used it, and 2 when I weaned my tank off of it.

Nitrates continued to come down during the 60 day period, and PO4 was 0 the entire time. I did get a film algae on the glass that was super easy to remove, and didn't see green or brown film algae. This was almost whitish.

The only negative I had to deal with was cyano. Man-o-man. It got so bad on my sandbed that I had to resort to siphoning it out of my tank twice.

Still, all my livestock that I've had for years did very well, and that includes SPS, LPS, BTAs, Zoanthids, Leathers, mushrooms, my clam and all my fish. I have no problem recommending the use of this product, but I did use it more slowly than recommended to avoid shocking my livestock that had been in elevated NO3 for so long.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Sorry guys for not being here either. Yes, it does work, many have tried it. It is a matter do you want to go this route. It was me that got Mevel /Marc to use in on his tank after our MACMA talk. It has been around for a long time. It is not a new product.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Are there any drawbacks to going this route? I just started using this product at half the dose.

JT101

The thing about this product is that from what I have read on these pages, it DOES seem to do what it says it will do, and that is to reduce nitrates. However, what does it do for you about KEEPING them low?

Methinks that if you have problems with elevated nitrates and then "magically" lower them with this stuff, aren't they just going to climb right back up to where they were once you stop?

Frankie

RS STAFF
I fully agree with you JT. The best thing to do is find out what is causing the trouble in the first place.
That being said, I can see it being used to get back to normal once the trouble is corrected. Sometimes you never do find the reasons and products like this can be a life saver.
I have been battling nitrates ever since i built this tank. I have yet to find the cause and am forced to do a lot of water changes because of it just to keep them down. I have yet to try this product and am afraid of becoming reliable on it. Water changes are still my method of dealing with nitrates.

JT101

My nitrates hover very low, but I think I'm keeping them that way because I do MASSIVE water changes every week using natural sea water. What do I mean by massive? We're talking 75% here.

I think I'm just a chronic "overfeeder". I have a soft spot for all my reef buddies :)