Awsome video of the outer banks! WATCH IT!!

bbe22

If that was the same storm that rolled through here last Friday or Saturday night in Charleston, South Carolina looks like you got off easy compared to us. I was driving over a very tall bridge (1000' + ships go under it) when it hit like a brick wall. We had gusts (more like sustained) winds of 60-70 mph. Then the rain started. The wind was blowing so hard it was knocking the windshield wipers off the windshield, and it was raining so hard they wouldn't have been able to keep up anyways. It was like driving in a category one hurricane. It all came out of nowhere, and lasted about 4 hours. Freak storm. Cool footage though.

K L R

thanks! and it was that storm..it got much worse after..but my nicer camera isnt water proof.........

bbe22

Cool beans, I love hard hitting storms. As weird as it sounds, I look forward to hurricane season, as long as we don't get hit by the cat 4 and 5's. I went through Hugo in '89 and that was a mess. No electric for three weeks, plus all the damage and what not. Imagine what that would do to a reef...

Oh, I also went through Hurricane Iniki in Hawaii back in the 90's, it's kind of weird to be able to say I've been in hurricanes in the Atlantic and Pacific.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I witnessed that VERY same storm in Hilton Head SC that night. Wow it was AMAZING! I got some video of it but it turned out pretty crappy!!

Thanks for sharing!!

bbe22

Cool, Al, my mom lives in Beaufort and got it too, it almost flooded her house. Several inches in less than an hour. I love it, except I have to mow a little more often afterwards, and the next day always sucks when it comes to humidity.

K L R

It was kinda scary being on the top floors porch...just me and the pitch black clouds..feeling like i could stick my hand out and touch the lightning

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Cool, Al, my mom lives in Beaufort and got it too, it almost flooded her house. Several inches in less than an hour. I love it, except I have to mow a little more often afterwards, and the next day always sucks when it comes to humidity.
Yea we got a TON of rain and in a hurry. It was funny because that afternoon around the pond the turtles were all just hanging out at this one spot where they couldn't get out of the water. The resort has made a wall of timbers next to the dock that extend about 6" - 10" above the waters surface. They were just sort of floating around chilling and stuff. The next morning they were chilling out on the GRASS at the same area because the water level had risen enough to cover the timbers and give them a nice soft landing ramp to enter and exit the water.

It was kinda scary being on the top floors porch...just me and the pitch black clouds..feeling like i could stick my hand out and touch the lightning

We didn't get that storm until a couple of hours later so we missed some of the "Majesty" of it due to darkness. It was wild because just before "That" storm hit us from the North there was another one WAY out to sea directly East of us. So at one point we were watching a storm in the distance and watching another one on top of us. VERY cool. Julie and I sat on the pier just watching the Eastern storm until the Northern one was too close and too intense to risk it. I went up to the room and sat on the balcony and watched them both until the Northern storm blocked view of the Eastern storm.

Thanks for sharing this video!! :)