August 2010 POTM Contest!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:D It's photo contest time again so start uploading your photos!

August's contest theme will be "LPS corals". Show off your large polyp stoney coral!

This month's contest is sponsored by Doni's Reef, Inc. :thumbup: The winner will receive a $50 store credit!

Please review the entry regulations below and have fun!!
Rules:
1) ONE photo per contestant,
2) No heavily photoshopped photos are allowed. The photos should be as raw/normal/untouched as possible. Minimal editing such as cropping, brightness/contrast adjustments, and resizing are acceptable.
3) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank).
4) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed,
5) Photos MUST be uploaded to the August 2010 POTM Gallery by midnight (EST) July 31st.
Sorry, no moderators allowed to participate in this contest.

A voting poll for all uploaded photos will be available August 1st and will remain open through the 10th.

NOTE:
Only photos uploaded into the photo gallery will be included in the voting poll!
August 2010 POTM Gallery

Rhodes19

Nice subject. This is the first LPS I ever had.

frogspawn2_crop1.jpg

sambrinar

Hmmm let's see Which one?? and I may try and get a shot of the Froggy later... but which of these two for now??

Attachments

• Resized Trumpets.jpg
    Resized Trumpets.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 267
  • resized brain.jpg
    resized brain.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 264
Here is my entry...

One of my Acans...

IMG_1584.jpg

I took this photo with my Canon T1i, a Canon f2.8 L 70-200mm IS USM Lens, attached to a Canon Auto Focus Macro Extension Tube.

HOPE YOU VOTE FOR ME!!!!

:jumprope: :jumprope: :jumprope: :jumprope:

Uslanja

Oh Oh! Here we go again with great photos of wonderful corals and that will drive me nuts with jealousy! Hmmm...... I need a bigger tank, a better camera, more corals....... I need to stop looking here!

Good Luck everyone!

Angel Fin

Oh Oh! Here we go again with great photos of wonderful corals and that will drive me nuts with jealousy! Hmmm...... I need a bigger tank, a better camera, more corals....... I need to stop looking here!

Good Luck everyone!

My thoughts exactly...:tears:

SecretAgent

I dont get what Im doing wrong. My pic looks HUGE in this post but when I put it in the gallery, it is small as heck. Guess my poor entry will be dwarfed again beside all the other pics.

Loved your blog!......you're off to a great start!!

Thank you! It is a work in progress, but I have been working on an entire photography post for the blog, so look for that coming in the near future!!!

I hope you vote for me! I have a bunch more photos, but I don't want to post them on here as this is the contest page. If you want to see more shots, PM me and I can send them to you. I have about 40 or so, that I have taken over the last 6 months.