Assistance Needed In Understanding Sanjay's Reef Light Pages

SZHTTM

Hello!!!;

I need assistance in understanding Sanjay's Reef Lighting Info Pages to assist me in selecting a MH lighting setup for my future 210-g system.

I was planning on three 250w XM 10k bulbs running off of individual IceCap ballasts. I tried comparing this light setup with other bulbs and ballasts but I have no idea what the web site is telling me. LOL!!!

In addition to the MHs, I was also planning on three 72" URI Super Actinic bulbs. (I like the "blue" look...)

As always, thank you for your help!!!

Good Luck And Have Fun!!!;
:thumber:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
It's easy. Just get the Icecap electronic ballasts and the XM 10k SE bulbs :D That combination is very tough to beat. You can add more blue with the actinic URI's.

Warnberg

Be careful with that bulb and ballast combo, it is very high in par which I found some corals do not like. Personally I like the reeflux 10K bulb better, it's not as yellow looking as the XM 10K bulb and my corals seem to be much happier. However IF you have a deep tank (30" or more) the XM may be a good choice.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Ahhh... I too love the reeflux 10k. I have a pair that I only ran for a month or so. I replaced them with my original xm 10k bulbs because my haddoni anemone started walking towards the top. I think he needed more light than the reeflux 10k was putting out?? It is still parked right at the water's surface but is expanded and eating just fine... strange anemone :rolleyes:

But my other corals loved the reeflux 10k. That bulb also makes the colors POP very well!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I love them too much Frankie :rolleyes: I am hoping to use them again someday.... I know where you can order some though :)