The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
So, this gutter gaurd, does it work well on gutters?? LOL
Seriously, I just paid a company to clean my gutters! :rolleyes:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
*Rolls Eyes* you did what? for real?

I get up on the house and clean ours 3x-4x a year. No big deal here. The Oak Leaves really pack it full and if I don't clean them it's a MESS! I guess it would make sense to use "Gutter Guard" to possibly actually "Guard the Gutters"!!! :lol:

kinghokus420

p4 and flatback are essentially the same. the flatback has what it says, a flats back. i have a chunk of p4 on the bottom with a piece of flatback on the top. (only 2 layers) i will admit the hum from my pump is a bit louder. very tolerable but still louder.
here. i just found the enkamat #'s

7010 = p4
7220 = just like 7010 wth a flat back
7210 = a finer mesh similar to 7220
8004 = a cool corrugated mesh that works very well also

i have used all of these with my highly calibrated eye and they all work better than stock.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
*Rolls Eyes* you did what? for real?

I get up on the house and clean ours 3x-4x a year. No big deal here. The Oak Leaves really pack it full and if I don't clean them it's a MESS! I guess it would make sense to use "Gutter Guard" to possibly actually "Guard the Gutters"!!! :lol:

Our house is up on a hill AND is two stories AND it has a very steep pitch :eek: We used to get the neighbor's HUGE ladder and clean them but even then we could not reach two small sections of gutter.
I would be elected to climb up the ladder and clean them :rolleyes: since my husband is much heavier than me... so yeah, I gladly pay someone to clean the gutters now :D

Okay, no gutter guard on the gutters. :)

kinghokus420

oh, those are the numbers to ask for when you request your FREE samples. thats how i got mine and i have enough to mod 25 skimmers.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
p4 and flatback are essentially the same. the flatback has what it says, a flats back. i have a chunk of p4 on the bottom with a piece of flatback on the top. (only 2 layers) i will admit the hum from my pump is a bit louder. very tolerable but still louder.
here. i just found the enkamat #'s

7010 = p4
7220 = just like 7010 wth a flat back
7210 = a finer mesh similar to 7220
8004 = a cool corrugated mesh that works very well also

i have used all of these with my highly calibrated eye and they all work better than stock.

oh, those are the numbers to ask for when you request your FREE samples. thats how i got mine and i have enough to mod 25 skimmers.

Thanks for the info Kinghokus :)

kinghokus420

if you get the samples, be sure to be greedy, and ask for a larger sized sample. i asked for 12x12 pieces. only 1 was 12x12 the others were about 6x6. that 1 big piece has enough material to mod myself silly.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
i used a 3m scrubby pad and it worked well for a while but eventually got weak and flimsy.
i am using the enkamat p4 mesh that everyone is all hyped up about. i went to colbond-usa.com and asked for a free sample. i forget product# it is but its not p4,its 4 numbers. look over on r/c, they are fairly easy to find.

I just now realized WHERE you're getting this stuff from. It's coming from a company just a few miles from here in a small town outside of Asheville called "Enka". Hence the name Enkamat! How WILD is that! It's been purchased by BASF corp but apparently they are still producing "Enkamat" from there. SWEET!