Are the new LED versions of the RSM series still being released?

Frankb1

Is RED SEA still going to release the RSM series with LED lighting or has that been cancelled. I've signed up for the newsletter and have never heard anything.

Frankb1

I thought the E-series were the rear sump models? I'm talking about the RSM-650 that they were supposedly going to release late this year with LED lighting and a few other changes that I believe they had on display MACNA 2014-15.?

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Folks, there will be news regarding the release date of the E Series and the LED lighting upgrade option for current S series owners, also a release date for the S series with LED lighting, all information will hopefully be released via our newsletter in December so now is an ideal time to sign-up for the newsletter if you haven't already done so http://www.redseafish.com/red-sea-newsletter/

Thank you for your continued support.

a361c

The December newsletter only spoke of the new "Reefer XL" tanks nothing about new lighting options led or otherwise. Is there another letter coming out this month?

DaveR11

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
@RedSeaKev @steveh

Is the link above Red Sea "branded" and warranted lights?

or just a link to a company offering lights they developed for Red Sea tanks, like Stevesleds has done?

Is the "Max" Registered Trademark in the pic below... Red Sea ?

MaxS%20upgrades.png

Description:

The upgrade presents excellent value for money and includes the Hydra26 HD™ LED units plus the entire new lighting chassis.
The new LED Upgrade provides fantastic value for money and includes AI's latest Hydra26 HD™ lighting system and a completely new MAX®-S luminaire.

• Upgrade MAX®-S T5 to the very latest in LED lighting technology.
• Upgrade includes new AI Hydra 26HD™ LED's wifi controlled lighting & new luminaire
• Save £££'s on electricity running costs and T5 light tube replacement
• Significantly reduces aquarium operating temperature

MAX® S 400
Upgrade LED - Black 2x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 400
Upgrade LED - White 2x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 500
Upgrade LED - Black 3x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 500
Upgrade LED - White 3x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 650
Upgrade LED - Black 4x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 650
Upgrade LED - White 4x Hydra26 HD™

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Advanced LED Lighting system with integrated WiFi
The MAX® E – Series incorporate the all-new Hydra 26™ HD LED lighting, providing the most up to date LED technology to give superb performance and a remarkably user-friendly interface.

The Hydra 26™ HD unit offers a full spectrum, 7 colour LED configuration giving great colour rendition and a multitude of lighting effects.

The revolutionary control system dynamically adjusts the power available to each colour by utilizing power not being used by other colours, effectively enabling selected channels to be ‘boosted’ to above 100% output. The lighting is fully controllable via a built-in WiFi which is compatible with iOS and Android devices and with any WiFi-enabled Mac or PC.

At only 90w power consumption per Hydra 26™HD, the MAX® E achieves excellent performance at a fraction of the running costs of using traditional T5 Fluorescent lighting. The LED unit is firmly bolted to the aquarium and can be rotated to give easy access to the rear sump for all of the regular maintenance requirements or for reefscaping.

The MAX® E-170 reef aquarium system uses a single 90W 26HD LED unit while the MAX® E-260 reef aquarium system has 2 units that are seamlessly paired together by the Wi-Fi controller.

DaveR11

@RedSeaKev @steveh

Is the link above Red Sea "branded" and warranted lights?

or just a link to a company offering lights they developed for Red Sea tanks, like Stevesleds has done?

Is the "Max" Registered Trademark in the pic below... Red Sea ?

MaxS%20upgrades.png

Description:

The upgrade presents excellent value for money and includes the Hydra26 HD™ LED units plus the entire new lighting chassis.
The new LED Upgrade provides fantastic value for money and includes AI's latest Hydra26 HD™ lighting system and a completely new MAX®-S luminaire.

• Upgrade MAX®-S T5 to the very latest in LED lighting technology.
• Upgrade includes new AI Hydra 26HD™ LED's wifi controlled lighting & new luminaire
• Save £££'s on electricity running costs and T5 light tube replacement
• Significantly reduces aquarium operating temperature

MAX® S 400
Upgrade LED - Black 2x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 400
Upgrade LED - White 2x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 500
Upgrade LED - Black 3x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 500
Upgrade LED - White 3x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 650
Upgrade LED - Black 4x Hydra26 HD™

MAX® S 650
Upgrade LED - White 4x Hydra26 HD™

Hi Glenn,

I was in H2O a couple of weeks ago and had a chat with Jon and Rachel who own the shop. This is a Red Sea upgrade for the S Series. When I ordered from my regular LFS, who I bought the tank from, the manager Theo said Red Sea had started development of their own LEDs but had decided to go with the AI Hydras. For the S Series Red Sea have built a hood/lighting rig to house the LEDs and to fit in with the aesthetic of the tank. So AI lights but wrapped up in Red Sea packaging is my understanding.

Dave

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
The LED lighting up grade package is as listed above, some retailers just jump the gun before the official announcement, we hope to have these for the UK market by end of January, USA market will be very close behind. there is no official retail price as yet.

griffothefog

Folks, there will be news regarding the release date of the E Series and the LED lighting upgrade option for current S series owners, also a release date for the S series with LED lighting, all information will hopefully be released via our newsletter in December so now is an ideal time to sign-up for the newsletter if you haven't already done so http://www.redseafish.com/red-sea-newsletter/

Thank you for your continued support.

Pat24601

The LED lighting up grade package is as listed above, some retailers just jump the gun before the official announcement, we hope to have these for the UK market by end of January, USA market will be very close behind. there is no official retail price as yet.

This is only for E and S, correct?