Aquatropics, Gainsville, Fl

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Don't know if there are any other reefers in the area, but I thought I would post a warning. I needed some salt, so I went into Gainesville (about an hours drive) to the LFS. Since I no longer have an RO unit, I decided to buy some RO water from them too, it would save me a trip to Walmart and the culligan water station. When I asked if they had RO water for sale I was told it was not only RO but DI as well, the most important part (his words). I did not take my TDS meter with me, I purchased my water and salt got a few nassarius snails and went home. Once I got home I tested the water. The TDS was 165ppm. My tap water from my high iron well is 200ppm, not a huge difference, and for $0.49 per gallon I certainly expected better. So if you purchase water from them...stop (or at least test it yourself). Your better off purchasing your water from Walmart at the culligan station, it's cheaper and the TDS is only 7ppm.

On the bright side this made me do the math, and between what we spend on bottled water...the 7 stage RO/DI unit w/ drinking water tank and faucet I ordered last night will pay for itself in less than a year.

I should point out this is the only issue I have had with aquatropics.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Thanks, is it odd that I'm excited to get a water filtration system?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
reefrunner said:
Thanks, is it odd that I'm excited to get a water filtration system?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I do the pee pee dance in anticipation every time the delivery guy shows up with something new for my fish tanks!

....Insert Funny Signoff Here....