Aquascaping - rocks touching glass or no?

reeferjoe

Looking for ideas and/or suggestions - do you guys have your rocks touching the glass or not?

I'd love to hear some input on this.

Thanks!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
In the back (imo - or how I did it) it's okay to touch in a few places, as long there is some space for fish to still be able to swim, but on the sides I like clearance that allows space for cleaning, at least a couple inches or the thickness of a large Mag-float.

modulok

Here is what mine looks like. Just a few lower spots where the rock touches the back (mainly for extra support and balance).

2103.jpeg

Nob35

I rather keep about 1.5 to 2" all the way round if I can for cleaning but if you are going to let the back wall coralline it is ok for the to touch. I would not let them touch on sides and back because it will be very hard to clean without moving the rocks. I just got my tank set up last night but this is the back wall. Just enough room to clean.
b9f175bc578d226798f96d03a5599b7d_zpse70bc913.jpg

David Shaw

Mine are clear on all sides so i can get to the back wall as well as the sides. I prefer the back wall to be open and clear from rock leaning onto it for added swim room for the fish and for easy clean maintenance, also less dead spots.

My rock touch the back glass. I like that it adds support and frees up more space in the front. I left plenty of space for cleaning with a Mag-float on the side and front glass.