AquaC Remora Pro

degibson84

just got mine hooked up came with MAG 3. wondering where i should set the bubbles at on the neck of the collection cup? should i just let it sit all the way down or should i set it so the bubbles are at the bottom of the neck? after just two minutes i can already tell this thing is so much more quiet and also doesn't splash water all over the lights and everything else around the tank

reefer gladness

In general skimming wet removes more nasties from the water. I would start about midway until the skimmer has run a few days, see where it is after that and if you can raise the level of the bubbles a bit after that go ahead. You'll have to empty the collection cup more often but that just means it's working.

theplantman

i used to keep mine set at 1/3 of the way up from the lowest setting and it produced a nice wet skimmate but did not pull it too wet. Important too clean the cup, riser throat and the injection opening every two weeks or so to keep it running 100% the injection opening doesn't necessarily need it but i used to do it while in cleaning mode.

degibson84

At first I set it alk the way down where the oring was from factory. It was just pouring water in. I backed it way down and the bubbles come to the bottom of the neck. I will see what kind of skimmate it makes from the there

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
When I got mine, I started it as high as it could go and gradually worked it down to where I got the bubble production I wanted. This took a couple of weeks to let it break in good, too. Good luck. I'm very happy with mine.

degibson84

the o-ring on the collection cup will not hold once i get a litle wet skimmate in the cup it just lets go and the cup drops all the way in filling with tank water

theplantman

Sorry forgot, that oring is designed to slide. If it is that loose i would call their customer service and request a new one, in the mean time you can make it functional by placing something like a small piece of epdm or other rubber membrane between the O ring and skimmate cup. This should stretch the o-ring enough to apply some pressure against the skimmate cup and hold it in place, unless it is really stretched out of shape. You can probably pick up a spare oring at lowes or home depot as well. A Danco 122 O ring I think should fit, inside diameter is 5.6" that makes circumference 17.5" if you have remora pro than i am guessing the circumference of your skimmate cup is roughly 20". Should cost no more than 2 or 3 bucks.

degibson84

OK so my Remora has been phenomenal to this point. Just wondering how everyone goes about cleaning this to ensure this thing runs at its best. I couldn't find any videos on youtube

degibson84

been a month and decided to clean it up took it apart and cleaned the pump. I also took out the screw to clean the injector with the pipe cleaner it came with and when i put it all back together it seems to be running great but im not getting any skimmate at all. I have the collection cup completely down and let it run over night and nothing. what did i do wrong?

DaveK

Most likely nothing at all. It's already cleaned up the tank a bit, and a heavy cleaning of it may require that it break in for a day or two. As long as it's correctly creating bubbles, you should be fine.

degibson84

it is creating bubbles they just aren't coming up the chamber as high as the used to. I thought for sure it would be skimming like crazy as i cleaned all the glass and there was little bits of algae floating in the water and it usually does do nuts after a glass cleaning

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I don't think you're supposed to remove the screw to the injector. I adjusted mine and the same thing happened to me, then I read about the screw. It's placement is very sensitive.

degibson84

I was told by others to remove the screw so i could keep the injector cleaned so it would function properly. i know i wasn't able to tighten the screw down as much as it was factory. It is plastic and i didn't want to break it. should i try and screw it in further

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I forget where I read not to mess with it, and all this time I thought I was the reason for mine not performing as well anymore. I may give them a call when I get back from vacation. If I find out anything, I'll let you know or if you do, please post it for others.

degibson84

I just sent them an email explaining what i did and the entire situation. Hopefully I hear back on Monday. The only other thing i added to the tank was a TLF Phosban reactor with BRS GFO but i dont think that would have reduced the DOCs to the point of no skimming