API Nitrate Test

aquaticimports

Has been struck by the ban stick
We also carry salifert kits.I agree with frankie api tests are no good...same with tetra . Readings are always through the roof.

FLLwoman

I've been going crazy the last couple of weeks, my API nitrate test kit has continuously provided readings from ~60 to ~100 for the tank. I've tested my RO water and the water for the water changes prior to adding them and they always read zero. When I test the effluent from the denitrator it also reads zero.

I'm thinking the API test kit only reads zero accurately. The plan is to hit the LFS this afternoon to see if they have a Salifert nitrate kit to confirm my guess.

FLLwoman

I've been going crazy the last couple of weeks, my API nitrate test kit has continuously provided readings from ~60 to ~100 ppm for the tank. I've tested my RO water and the water for the water changes prior to adding them and they always read zero. When I test the effluent from the denitrator it also reads zero.

My guess at this point is that the API test kit only reads zero accurately. The plan is to hit the LFS this afternoon to see if they have a Salifert nitrate kit to confirm my guess.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I've never had any issues with my API nitrAte kits.
I look forward to hearing what the Salifert reads...