Apex aquacontroller Trouble

steved13

PREMIUM
I changed it to michaelsreef.from-tn.com

at dyndns? I was just looking around at reef chat. Did you select the controller type that says Apex? I noticed the next one down says aquacontroller JR, might be confusing, but you have an Apex. I'm just trying to throw out possibilities...2 heads better than 1

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Tonight is the first night ive messed with it since the other night i was getting frustrated.Thanks Steve.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
So once i gets my stats applied to the signature i have to ask Travis if its ok to put in my signature?

steved13

PREMIUM
Don't get discouraged, if I remember the stats can be tricky, each field needs to be exact, I think it's case sensitive also. You'll have to wait between each try for it to update.

steved13

PREMIUM
So once i gets my stats applied to the signature i have to ask Travis if its ok to put in my signature?

I got it all ready, then pasted it into my signature, and then sent him a PM and he allowed it, I think it's an unofficial (might be official) perk of premium membership

MJC

Man they don't make things easy lol But I finally got mine working.

I went with DYNDNS.ORG $20.00 bucks a year ? couldn't find the free one .

Just a heads up after you get your name from dyndns and config in your router (mine is a Linksys) , if its still not working make sure you restart your computer thats what worked for me.

Now on to try and config this to work wireless downstairs by my tank.:ponder2:

I have a Netgear wifi range extender downstairs by my tank hopefully i can utilize that somehow :confused:

MJC

well I thought I had it working BUT NOOOOO!!!!

I ended up doing the best thing possible IMOP and that was contacting Russ at Reeftronics. He e-mailed me back, we set up date and time, he connected to my computer and fixed everything the right way. I made a donation to reeftronics and I am one very happy camper.

I only wish I knew about him two days earlier and I might have had less gray hair lol.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Man they don't make things easy lol But I finally got mine working.

I went with DYNDNS.ORG $20.00 bucks a year ? couldn't find the free one .

Just a heads up after you get your name from dyndns and config in your router (mine is a Linksys) , if its still not working make sure you restart your computer thats what worked for me.

Now on to try and config this to work wireless downstairs by my tank.:ponder2:

I have a Netgear wifi range extender downstairs by my tank hopefully i can utilize that somehow :confused:
You have to use the 15 day free trial and then cancel when the 15 days are up and you get 1 free host.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
well I thought I had it working BUT NOOOOO!!!!

I ended up doing the best thing possible IMOP and that was contacting Russ at Reeftronics. He e-mailed me back, we set up date and time, he connected to my computer and fixed everything the right way. I made a donation to reeftronics and I am one very happy camper.

I only wish I knew about him two days earlier and I might have had less gray hair lol.
I had tons of trouble with it mainly me steved13 helped me alot.