Anyone name their clams?

fellers

I have a pretty funny story to some; of the name of my clam. I was goofing around with my 4 yr old son and told him a "pet" name for the clam. Well I never thought it would be repeated by him as I only said it once.
But yesterday some friends stopped over. I was up in the kitchen while my son was showing them the tank. All of a sudden I heard laughter erupting from the tank area. My son had introduced the clam to them as I did to him when I was joking. Remember I am ex army and we tend to have a different sense of humor than others. This backfired on me. I introduced the T Crocea clam to my son as the "Bearded Clam" . He says thats a good name dad. I said nooo, we will name it something else, I was just teasing silly. He said ok.
Well the 5 of my friends that stopped over together, 27 to 35 were all also introduced to the clam as the "Bearded Clam" while I was up in the kitchen!
I was snickering to myself... But that stopped after "the boss", my wife found out what I did and tongue lashed me a good one :), well gave it a good shot but she is just to darn kind hearted... But she came around after a while and did laugh after puching me in the chest, lol
hooah

Rhodes19

ROFL!!! Thats hysterical. Has "mommy" said anything yet? I can't repeat the words my kids learned from my wife. She was an Army wife so she had some interesting ones. :)

Go Army! Hooah!!!

DaveK

Well the 5 of my friends that stopped over together, 27 to 35 were all also introduced to the clam as the "Bearded Clam" while I was up in the kitchen!
I was snickering to myself... But that stopped after "the boss", my wife found out what I did and tongue lashed me a good one ...

I fail to see what the big problem is. The clam got a pet name. It's no big deal.

Years ago, I had a niger trigger. My sister instantly named it "Big Tooth". She was about 10 or 12 at the time. When my nephews were little, they named my royal grama "The Grandma Fish".

fellers

I fail to see what the big problem is. The clam got a pet name. It's no big deal.

Years ago, I had a niger trigger. My sister instantly named it "Big Tooth". She was about 10 or 12 at the time. When my nephews were little, they named my royal grama "The Grandma Fish".

lol, sure a pet name...
Do you know what "Bearded Clam" is slang for?:ponder2:

bbe22

Nice story. Kids say the darndest things, especially when their parents introduce them ;) My five year old was telling me a story the other day, and it made me ponder where he comes up with this stuff. He said, "So I'm hanging out at the playground and somebody told me something, so apparently this guy is a pro or something." I did a double take, and was like what did you just say? "Apparently..."
Kids :)

1Reefer

Lol funny... hey at least you toned it down by calling it "bearded clam", you have to admit it could have been much worse lol

gavinol

Has been struck by the ban stick
Why did I use the ludicrous clam stories to as a name for Scientologists?

**** Advertisement Links Removed by BigAl07****

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankie

RS STAFF
I won the picture of the month way back in the Cretaceous time when I joined RS. I used my prize money to buy a T. Derasa and named it Cat Clam after caitrina who sponsored that month :)
It's still alive today in another persons tank.
000_1801_edited.jpg

Uslanja

Well, we just named our clam, is it to late to jump on this thread?

Please meet; "Clifford" the cliff climbing clam!
IMG_3102_1.jpg

And for an idea about his size, that is an astrea snail right next too him.
IMG_3159-copy_edited-1-1.jpg