Anybody use a NW 200 Reef octopus skimmer?

cracker

Hello I just picked up a 2nd hand NW 200 reef Octopus. Was looking for insight on this particular skimmer.
I hear they are pretty good. The pump works fine but the impeller was missing needles. I have one on order. I went to coralvue and brs was looking for more detailed insight. Thanks, Brian

Frankie_Marble

I choose that skimmer on my 90. Set it into a 40b sump. Amazing skimmer. Took a week or so to break in but once it did it was a beast. It's still on that system working great. Keep the new impeller clean & you won't have to replace for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
@Frankie_Marble
Hello Frankie :wave:
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:

Skimmers are so expensive and it's a mind struggle to buy one & take a gamble that it won't live up to skimming expectations. :confused:
I like reading reviews on skimmers as I am thinking of upgrading and not sure which to consider.
When it gets broke in Brian, do an update please. :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

Frankie_Marble

Nice. It seems like everyone is cool. I will be trying my hand in nano reefing on my upcoming build, should be fun. I will be prob be needing some advice as well . I look forward to hearing everyone's input.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk