Anybody see Blue and yellow Hippo tangs ?

blue_eyes53813

HI all, I have been searching for a blue and yellow hippo tang for sale online.. I would like a medium to large one. I have my name on waiting list at most online stores but no luck. if anybody sees one please let me know..

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue and Yellow Hippo Tang

I lost my hippo tang to old age (I believe) about a month ago... I would love to have a blue and yellow one...:)

I got a instock notice from live aquaria and I called ASAP to get one and they were all sold within a few hours... :ponder2:

prow

hey blue eyes. try to do a search using "yellowbelly blue hippo tang" and/or "yellowbelly blue regal tang" those are the most common names used for them.

hey i am going to be taking my hippo back to the LFS as well as my swallowtail angel. going with wrasses and anthias mostly. if your interested you can have them free, but let me know before tomorrow, it will to late by then.

FYI; i have had the hippo just over 3 years. very healthy, good attitude, ick free. if you pay the shipping i will pack him up for ya. that goes for the angel too:D O and my regal is the "yellow tale" varient, most common one.

blue_eyes53813

Thank You Prow and Reefer,,,

I did order that one from pet solutions.. I hope they still have some and didnt get a lot of orders before me... I will let you know..

Prow, I will still buy the swallow tail from you if you want... Its up to you if you want to mess with shipping it or not.. ...

reefer4200

good luck man! Hope you got it...i almost bought it. ha if only i ddnt have to move this month i would have

prow

sure, shipping should not be that bad, your only a couple hours from me, with traffic. when would you like her to arrive? if you like i could meet you half way. i work in downtown LA off the 110/10 intersection area. i could bring her to work and you could pick her up if you like. that way she would only be in the bag a few hours. but, i will check on shipping too, let me know what/when/how you would like to get her.

prow

lol, oopppsss. i was just looling at lancaster, lol. ok ok maybe its not such a good idea to meet in the middle and shipping may not be as low as i thought, lol.
pm me with your address and i will find out how much shipping will be. do you have a preference who to use, fedex, UPS ect...???

blue_eyes53813

Sounds like I got it... Should be sent out early this week... I havent recieved a shipment notice yet but I got 2 order notices .. YEA!!!!

blue_eyes53813

I got the fish today... To my surprise. I never did recieve a shipment notice.. Thank god I work in my home and Im always home during the day... hmmmm

Anyway, The fish is way smaller than expected. It is pretty small and Im not seeing any yellow on the belly... Maybe the juveniles dont show the yellow till later??? IDK... But now i have to decide on whether to add it to the tank or not.. Im afraid my other fish will beat it up.. I have a damsel bigger than this fish... Weird...

I actually think my tang will be ok with it but not the others... The fish is smaller than my orange shoulder tangs tail?? lol

Im a little upset because I think it might of been a mistake and i was shipped a regular hippo tang... Im gonna think about what I should do here and maybe once the fish calms down it will have more yellow.

Maybe I will put it in the sump for awhile..??

reefer4200

hmmm, thats kind of disappointing. I was hoping youd get one of the beauties with the yellow, but i know as juveniles they dont develop all of their color. From wat your saying its like an inch? Thats crazy as they said it was medium size 2-3". I'd def. call and talk to someone and see what happened...?

blue_eyes53813

Yea, it is tiny... its about as big as a chromis... i will call them and see what they say.. Im not a complainer but their description is way off..

reefer4200

yeah that is misleading and makes me think of some of the LFS i hear about on here. They cant take advantage of ppl because there is not WYSIWYG photo, not on size atleast or the actual fish.

blue_eyes53813

Lol ... Well it is the cutest darn thing Ive ever seen.... lol I added it to the main tank with my fingers crossed and so far all fish are leaving it alone... I really doubt it is a yellow belly. I was gonna put it in the sump but I just couldnt do it... For many reasons, Main one .. It is just to darn cute, lol other reasons I think it will end up in my return pump. It snuggles up next to my Orange SHoulder tang .. It is sooooo cute...

Well I emailed pet solutions. I dont reallly want a credit or anything I just wanted them to know that it is def. not what I ordered and i paid big $ for a regular hippo tang... We will waite for the reply... Im sure they will work it out with me.. Here are a couple pictures.. One picture has a tape measure on the bottom of the picture... IT IS The cutest thing Ive ever seen, lol :ponder2:

Attachments

• little-tang-and-tape-measur.jpg
    little-tang-and-tape-measur.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 59
  • little-tang-2.jpg
    little-tang-2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 59

yungreefer2410

i don't think that that is a yellow belly. i had a one inch normal and the only thing it developed before i had to take it back cause of its size were the color on its fins. thats just my 2 cents though. how mcuh did you pay for it. i got mine for $30

Frankie

RS STAFF
Bummer about the miss deal Vicki. I would demand an exchange big time at there expense personally.
I see your acro's are really taking off! PM me if your in the mood to swap a few frags. Being the only other zeo user here were safe to trade with. :) Go check out my thread, I just posted some pictures on the last few pages. Maybe you will see something you like.
Sorry for the high jack!